Midi Control of Hog3PC

I have been researching this forum and Lightnetwork to see if I can find an answer to something I am trying to setup. So far I have seen a lot of ideas but I am just not clear if they will do what I want, nervous about buying something and then finding out it won't work or has a steep learning curve, so let me describe what I want to do.

- Take an audio clip and be able to listen to the audio clip in real time and add markers to it that will eventually correlate to MSC for cue changes for the Hog. An example would something like Sound Forge where you can listen to an audio track and add markers dynamically.

- Once I have the timeline of the audio clip with markers in it, I want to be able to define MSC lighting commands to trigger cues on my Hog3PC. I tried a beta version of TJShow 4 that allows me to create cues, but it looks like it won't allow me to place the cue markers into the timeline while listening to the audio clip. It also seemed to limit the audio clip to just 59 seconds. The audio clip that I need to do this with is about 10 minutes long and there are large number of cues (couple 100) to place in it. Stoping and starting the audio clip is not an efficient manner for adding the markers.

Any ideas? Is it one program or multiple ones?

- So if I can find a program that allows me to do this, I probably need a USB midi interface as well. I think I have that covered for now.

- This also needs to run on Windows 7, 32 bit or even 64 bit. I tried looking at cubase, but it looks like I need to get a usb elicense first for it before I can even try it. It looks like there might be more options for a Mac compared to a PC. I do have an iMac as well as PCs so I can be flexible on platform.

- Ideally, I would also like to be able to use the software to trigger other things like a projector, additional audio clips, and other pc apps, such as powerpoint.

- I am on a shoestring budget. I have talked to some folks about programs like Nuendo and Vegas, but we all agreed that this is major overkill as I am not a musician and not a sound engineer.

Thanks for any ideas you are willing to share.

Ross
Related