Technobeams lamp problem help

Hi,
i have a pair of Technobeams, and Martin lightjockey controller.
Im having an issue where, sometimes the lamps in the lights, turn off, and i have to unplug them and wait a few minutes, for the lamps to turn back on. sometimes they just come on and work, sometimes not.
Anybody have any ideas on what i may need to replace?
(im new to dmx lighting), and havent a clue....

They are in excellent condition, and everything works, just have an issue with the lamps sometimes not functioning right,
are the lamps supposed to come on, soon as they are plugged in??

thanks,
carlos
  • Lamps do need time to cool off to restrike,
    So that is why they don't restart right away.

High end lights usually strike when they have dmx.

As for why your fixtures are losing lamps while running,
    Could be a number of things, from lamp base to lamp ballast to anything in between.

Do all your technobeams randomly lose their lamp strike?

Also, You should be able to restrike the lamp from the desk, (once they cool off) I am not familiar with lightjockey, but I assume it isn't complicated.

Good Luck,
    Joshua Wood
  • Thanks for the reply Joshua,

Well, i rarely use them, just the last time i used them, they were randomly turning off, but it could have been the fact that the venue's electrical / breakers kept going off, due to overload.

Hopefully they are o.k.

I am going to try them out, here at home, and see what they are doing now,
    was just asking to see if they have any common problems, like the one i was having...

Thanks
    Carlos
  • If you are dumping breakers, you are probably getting low voltage at the fixtures, (not to mention losses due to twofering power cables, long power cables, and undersized power cables . . . ) which can cause intermittent lamp-offs, as you are seeing. If your power isn't right, I suspect your fixtures are fine - test them when you have good power and *then* decide!

- Tim
  • Makes sense, im just not too familiar with DMX lighting, but the power issue was probably the reason they were turning off.
    I havent yet tried them out since that event, but will post results, soon as i try them out here at home.

Thanks for the tips!!

Carlos
  • [QUOTE=carlos3621;47176]Makes sense, im just not too familiar with DMX lighting, but the power issue was probably the reason they were turning off.
    I havent yet tried them out since that event, but will post results, soon as i try them out here at home.

Thanks for the tips!!

Carlos

It's not DMX lighting as much as it is arc lamps and magnetic ballasts - they are just plain pretty picky as to what voltage ranges they will run stable in. Too much, and lamp off due to overheating, too little, and lamp off due to not being able to sustain the arc . . .

- Tim
Related