Editor Windows

extestextest Registered User
Hi,
When I select some fixtures (ex. 1 thru 5, enter)
and then they pop up in the programmer window, I would like to be able to just double click and enter values in the parameter boxes right then.

I can't seem to double-click and edit any boxes unless I move the encoder wheel for that parameter first.

Can functionality be added so I can just double click and start editing values right away after selecting fixtures without touching the encoder wheels?

Thanks

Comments

• srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2010
    I think, there has been a discussion about programmer inplace edit when there's no value... just can't remember what was the conclusion.

But, I agree...this would be a nice feature. Also I've been thinking, if you could just type a palette name there also...but I have no idea how we would handle palettes with the same name.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited May 2010
    This was one of the very first things I asked for years ago and it (unfortunately) still has not been implemented.......

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=1755
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2010
    Like Marty says in the old thread, this feature would be really handy when working with media servers. I also use inplace edit a lot especially with file and library.

The thread also reminds me about the old bug with the framing motors inplace edit...that's very annoying.

and that reminds me about request of circular parameter copy...oh well...