Connect to iPC drive from another windows machine?

SmokeyXSmokeyX Registered User
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows the administrator password used for windows on the iPC... I'm trying to connect with my laptop to suck off some show files (I know I can do it the other way around, this would just be much more convenient in my case) and it's asking me for a password to attach to the iPC. Does anyone know it?

Thanks!
Nathan "Smokey" Williams

Comments

• Unknown Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    edited May 2010
    Hog consoles do not run a file server.

You can save showfiles to a file server elsewhere on the network, but the console itself is not a file server.
  • SmokeyXSmokeyX Registered User
    edited May 2010
    while that sounds like a plausible explanation, I know that the iPC is infact running sharing because it is prompting me for a password to log in. If file service was not running, I would not get this prompt...

HES may not support it, but it is in fact running and is possible to do what I want to do. I just need the password.

I understand the possible ramifactions of root access to the ipc file system and what could occur if someone disturbed the system files, but as an ex-IT guy, I feel confidant that I can handle the responsibility. :)
    edited May 2010
    There are some services running on the OS that are not currently used. The show storage volume is not shared, so I don't think what you're trying to do would work anyway.

But, it's your console, so have fun poking around. I arguably have a job here because years ago I tore into the HogIII and pointed out a bunch of stuff HES didn't know about the Linux OS image. I will warn you that XP Embedded is a bit different than normal XP so be prepared for some head scratchers.
  • SmokeyXSmokeyX Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Any chance you want to tell me what the admin password is? Maybe private message me?
    edited May 2010
    *shrug* Dunno. There may not even be any valid accounts. I've never gone digging that deep into the registry, and it's not something I've ever need to use.