H3 3.1.5 Backup not working

RomanRoman Registered User
Hi Guys,
a customer recently reported a strange thing when doing backups.
It's a hog3 with a dp2000 connected over a router. no other things running.
He told me, that he did a backup and the console said backup successfull - press OK
After that he tried to copy the backupfile to the zip or cddrive, as he always did.
but in the showfolder there was no backupfile. ????
He told me that he didn't changed anything on the console (path for storing etc.)
the only thing that was done, was an upgrade to 3.1.5 from 3.1.2 or 3, don't remember.
Fact is, backup was working after upgrade, I tried it myself.
Any ideas? HDD full???

Thanks Roman

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited May 2010
    I don't have any bright ideas on this one. I am curious if the show file would show up in the file browser from the start screen after a reboot. This one might be a tough problem to shake down. I'll keep an eye out for it.
  • RomanRoman Registered User
    edited May 2010
    Hi Chris,
    now I've checked every possible misstake with the customer, and the problem is the 3.1.5 software on the console.
    He did:
    Backup the showfile on a zipdisk (no file was shown in the browser)
    Take the zip into a pc (showfile was on it) and load the show with hog3pc (3.1.5) - was working
    build a new show on h3 - take a backup - no file on hdd or zip shown - but still there????? :dunno:

Any comments on this? Should he go back to 3.1.4?

Thanks Roman
    edited May 2010
    If possible I would like to see if a full install of the 3.1.5 software resolves the problem. I've tried the zip disk repro here in the office without any luck reproducing the issue.
    edited May 2010
    OK will try and let you know...
    edited May 2010
    Update:
    I did an isoinstall of 3.1.5 and the problem was still there that I couldn't see old backuped shows.
    The problem that I couldn't do a new backup was away.
    I found the problem:
    You must not use any ä,ü,ö in the filename, and you must not use more the 3 numbers in the filename.
    e.g. saisoneröffnung2010 is a realy bad example :Eyecrazy:

best regards Roman
    edited May 2010
    Ah yes. That makes sense. I know we solved a problem recently in regards to palette and cues names with these kinds of characters. I'll get a bug logged for show names as well.
    edited May 2010
    Thanks

:hogsign:
    Roman
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited May 2010
    I had the same kind of trouble few weeks ago, but I though it was coming from HD that already had a trouble.