removing fixtures from tracking cues

joshster82joshster82 Registered User
Hog iPC running hog 3
i am recording a new stack. it consists of basically this. Cue 1 will have fixture 1 in a position. Cue 2 will have fixture 2 in a different position. I recorded the cues with "Forward" off. Why is it that fixture 1 is still up in cue 2? I want the fixture from the previous cue to release.
Thanks
Josh

Comments

• MisebeamMisebeam Registered User
    edited May 2010
    I think when you record you need to forward off, and STATE on, then copy the cue, like cue 1 copy state cue 1, then say r"eplace". This should create a blocking cue.

Hope I'm understanding this right
  • joshster82joshster82 Registered User
    edited May 2010
    i know before i've not had to do a blocking cue. if i recorded a cue with forward off, the next cue would not have that fixture in it. and why can't i knock a fixture out of the next cue if it tracks throught from a previous cue?
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2010
    That's the way tracking console works. A new cue in the end of list is a combination of the previous cue and the recorded data.
    Forward off doesn't change that. It is used to prevent tracking to next cue which is already recorded. So, it works only in editing situations or when you add a cue before another.
    If you record cue 2 first and then record cue 1, forward off works :)
    Cue Only option in cue list options makes the list release old values, but it affects the whole list.