DL.exe Application Error

stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
edited April 2010 in Axon
Having some wierd issues with my Axon. Software was just upgraded to 1.5.4. Running 1.4.0 before on the device and it worked fine.

CMA doesn't show up on display two, this error shows up on the main output. (attached)

Anyone care to offer a suggestion? =) I was going to try a full image restore, though didn't know if that will erase the stock content on the drive though?

Comments

• stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited April 2010
    Did a system restore with the 3.3.0 recovery disk. Now it just comes up with a black screen and a mouse pointer that goes across both screens (they are initialized separately). Axon menu never appears on either display. CMA does not pickup the axon device (when running from my computer). It keeps saying it's doing a PARTIAL restore. Is there anyway to do a full restore?
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited April 2010
    Hi,
    could you be seeing this
    http://www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/BootFailure.asp
    I have had issues upgrading from 1.4 to 1.54 directly.
    Are you getting any other information that might help.
    Is this a first gen Axon with a s/video connector.

Best c
    edited April 2010
    I spoke to HES support yesterday, they are convinced its an HDD issue ... so I further broke into it, figuring, if they are going to make me buy a drive, i might as well see what I can do. I did a chkdsk on another computer; no errors. I also ran seagates disk utility to check it out sector by sector and it came back fine too; so I know it's not the drive.

It's a 76CD model upgraded to SDI.

Looks like a crashed registry file within the windows profile ... but since the profile is stored on the data drive and not the main drive, it's not erased. XPe wasn't able to recreate a deleted profile, so I seem to think that the default user profile may have an issue.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited April 2010
    Hi Stephen,
    I would roll back to v1.4 and see if you can get your server back and responding correctly.
    If this works correctly i would then try installing v1.5.2 or 3 but not the latest release v1.5.4.

Good luck C
    edited April 2010
    did that as well ... after playing with the windows profile, i was able to get the CMA to respond, but it would not roll back ... tried via an older recovery disk and that made no difference. Same results. Definatly seems like something is corrupted on the secondary partition ... I"m gonna try HES tomorrow when someone is there.
  • schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Stephen,

Just out of curiosity, do you have any custom content on the server?
    edited April 2010
    Matt- I had six JPG images. That was it. I'm going to call you shorty.