Positions

RYANCRYANC Registered User
Hey all. I am having issues with some positions that I create..

I have 4 focus palettes, one for each bandmember. I take all my lights and one by one focus each on the bandmember and record + merge onto their according focus palette. Then I build other focus palettes off of those 4 original palettes. say 2 on the drummer, 2 on the ctr pos, 2 on bass, 2 on gtr, etc.. then record this as a band focus palette (named crs 1, crs 2, etc..) . The problem I have is that when I update my original band member focus palettes, they do not carry over into my crs 1, crs 2 etc. palettes

What am i doing wrong?

I am using a RHFB with 3.1.5

Thanks

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Ryan,

You are trying to create a reference palette, which requires that you select this option when making the "band focus" palette. When you press record, then press MORE on the record toolbar. Now select "Allow Refs". When your palette is recorded, it will have a small icon that says "REF".

See also section 17.6.4 of the User Manual/Help for further details.
  • snowmaniac153snowmaniac153 Registered User
    edited April 2010
    ryanc I also have had the same question.. thanks for asking it.
    so with Ref palettes, If you make a ref, then record to a cue. then change the Ref your cue will change accordingly?

it is not also the same with regular palettes?? record palette 1 then record that to a cue. then if i update palette 1 the cue will adjust accordingly??
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited April 2010
    so with Ref palettes, If you make a ref, then record to a cue. then change the Ref your cue will change accordingly?

Yes, if you make a change to the palette that is being referenced, then the REF palette will update as well as any other cues referencing either palette.
    it is not also the same with regular palettes?? record palette 1 then record that to a cue. then if i update palette 1 the cue will adjust accordingly??

Yes it is the same concept, with the exception of if you want a palette to reference another palette you must use the REF function specifically.....it does not do it automatically as a Cue to Palette reference works.

Hope this helps. :)