Studio Spot/ Studio Color

I have a studio spot 575 CMY zoom that recently developed a problem with the lamp power supply, the lamp will not stay struck. I called High End and the tech helped me to isolate the problem to the lamp power supply board. I happened to have studio color 575 laying around that was having the same symptoms. When I opened up the studio color, I found that one of the components had come unsoldered. I soldered it back together and then put in the fixtures. It solved the problem in both fixtures. Fast forward a day, I am using the studio spot in a show right now and the lamp goes out again. I pull down the fixture, and find that the same part is unsoldered from the board again. I repeated the process with the same result, the part keeps coming off the board.

I tried locating an ID for the component, but I couldn't find anything. Its a circle with wiring wrapped around it. When the board is installed, and the fixture is head down, it is towards the top of the board. a) What is it? b) what would cause it to keep heating up enough to melt the solder? c) is it actually melting the solder or is it just the weight of it breaking free from the board?

please help!
Related