Mistar Midilink and a MIDI Question

neil-NSLXneil-NSLX Registered User
Hi Guys,

We have acquired a Mistar MIDILINK.

My Road Hog is out at the moment - but does anyone know if its compatable?

Also, does anyone know, if using Hog PC, I can 'output' MIDI Timecode for Hippotizer running on the same machine to pickup, I guess internally?

Cheers
Neil

Edited to ask if there is such thing as an internal patch for DMX/Artnet/Hognet if running Hipptizer HD on the same machine as Hog 3 PC?

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Neil,

Road Hog is only compatible with the M-Audio USB Uno MIDI Interface. It does not contain drivers for the MIDILINK device you mention.

In regards as a way to send MIDI timecode from one product to another on the same machine, you could use MIDIYOKE, which you can find on the internet as a free download. Hog 3PC does not output MIDI timecode, but will accept it as an input.

We do not have a direct connection to Hippotizer on the same computer. I am not sure that you would really want to run both apps on the same machine anyways.
  • neil-NSLXneil-NSLX Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Hi Brad,

Reason for running Hippo and Hog on the same computer is in the situation of an exhibition, where things need to be simplified and kept to a minimum space wise.

I presume that the Midistar won't work with Hog 3 PC, or this this a different kettle of fish?

N