DL2 Loses output

joshster82joshster82 Registered User
edited April 2010 in DL.3/DL.2
We're running 4 DL2's. One fixture will at some point during a night loses output. The lamp is struck, you can still see it through the lense, but there is no image. Resets do not help. the only thing that solves it is turning off the fixture for a few minutes and powering it up again. Server problem? Running latest software version in fixtures and CMA. Hog Ipc, Hog 3 mode. This problem started a few months ago and seemed to go away with the previous software upgrade, but has reappeared recently and the newest software upgrade doesn't seem to help.
Thanks,
Josh

Comments

• schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Josh,

You said that this problem went away with the previous software upgrade. So if you go back to the "previous" version you were talking about, does it not occur anymore? Or does it occur on any version of software?

When the fixture gets into this state, does everything else still work (pan/tilt control, menu is still visible, etc)? Does it still show up in the CMA?

Thanks,
  • joshster82joshster82 Registered User
    edited April 2010
    the problem showed up a few months into the update to the previous, previous version. we updated the software to the previose version and it went away for a few months and then began to start happening again. then we upgraded to the current version and the problem persisted through the upgrade. it seemed like before, updating the software solved the problem but this hasn't cured it this time.

Pan tilt still work and fixture shows up in the cma.
    edited April 2010
    Josh,

That being the case, my guess is that you have a video card that is failing, especially if just a reboot doesn't fix it (fixture needs a "cool down period" to work). Try swapping the problem card into another fixture, and see if the problem follows the card.
    edited April 2010
    ok great, I'll do that tonight. are there any drawings you can link so i know which card it is?
    edited April 2010
    Hi Josh,

Here is an exploded view of the computer enclosure: http://www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/dl2supportguide/drawings/DBA010.PDF

Since you are using DL.2s, the video card should be the only card installed in the computer.
    edited April 2010
    Matt,
    Thanks for all your help. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Josh
    edited April 2010
    Matt,
    The video loss problem followed the card. I see on the drawing you linked that the card is an ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition 256M. High End part#90902040. Is this the correct card to use? Do you stock it? Is it the best card to still use today or is there a current better card can i can use? The DL2 has a build date Nov. 2006, if that is important for hardware compatability.
    Thanks,
    Josh
  • SBlairSBlair Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Josh,

Which motherboard and video card are currently in your unit? You'll see the model number of the motherboard silkscreened on it.

It will either be an Intel D915GUX, an Asus P5B-VM or Asus P5Q-EM
    edited April 2010
    Hi Josh,

At this point, it would probably be best to call our support department at 1.800.890.8989. Tell them that you have a unit with a bad video card and they can help get everything sorted much easier over the phone.

Glad you found the cause.