tracking/chases

I'm trying to record a simple chase, for example 3 dimmers, 3 cues with each cue as one of the dimmers at full.
I can't seem to figure out how to get the cues to not track into the next cue. I have tried recording using state and also de-selecting forward.

Is there something I am missing?

Also, in the future, when I need to program large chases with over 30 fixtures, is there an easy way to automate building a chase so I don't have to record a cue for each fixture individually?

Thanks!
  • Are you trying to do this:

Cue 1 - Dimmer 1 on / Dimmer 2+3 Off
    Cue 2 - Dimmer 2 on / Dimmer 1+3 Off
    Cue 3 - Dimmer 3 on / Dimmer 1+2 Off

If so, there are a couple of ways of doing it...
    With "tracking", you have to turn off the ones you don't want to show up. You could do it like this:

Dimmer 1 Thru 3 at 0 Enter
    Record Cue 1 thru 3 enter (with the appropriate choose button lit)
    Clear the programmer
    Dimmer 1 at full merge 1 enter CLEAR
    Dimmer 2 at full merge 2 enter CLEAR
    Dimmer 3 at full merge 3 enter CLEAR

That's a long way to do it (but is necessary for other types of chases).

Option 2:
    Dimmer 1 at full record 1 enter clear
    Dimmer 2 at full record 2 enter clear
    Dimmer 3 at full record 3 enter clear

In the OPTIONS - select CUE ONLY and then select IS A CHASE - the secret is "CUE ONLY" it basically turns off the tracking.

Does that help?
  • [QUOTE=zxujr;45983]Also, in the future, when I need to program large chases with over 30 fixtures, is there an easy way to automate building a chase so I don't have to record a cue for each fixture individually?

Learn to use the effects engine. I use chases too, but learning how the effects engine works can save you time on some simple chases. Not to mention, using the effects engine in conjunction with chases can create some fantastic looks.
  • Thanks for your help guys! That helps alot.

I will look over the effects engine portion of the manual also.
Related