Virtual Masters

lightismagiclightismagic Registered User
Hi,
about one year ago, I run into a problem with virtual masters. The manual stated that they are always at full intensity. That was not true, and it turns out to be a bug.
So when I have to move the "not-longer a virtual master" cuelist to a fader and use a second comment macro like FM4/100 to move the fader. This was annoying, and over the course of a three night programming session a pain in the a..
So, one year later I will return to this venue, haven't used a Hog in the year since - the venue uses an IPC - for a follow up production, and would like to know in advance:
Is this problem fixed? Because I tried it with Hog3PC 3.1.5 and it seems that the same bug still exists...:17:

kind regards
Tommi Bernhardt
Light is Magic

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited March 2010
    Virtual masters are dependent on what the preferences setting is. (Faders Up/Down).

On top of that, if the list has been moved to a fader and then removed, it will remember where that fader was. So, you move it to a master, run it, drop the fader and remove it from the fader, the fader is then DOWN.

Easiest way is to move it to a fader, run the fader up and then remove it with it in the up position.

Hope that helps...
  • lightismagiclightismagic Registered User
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for replying! I will try this, but would like to doesn't have to move it to a fader at all. I think that is was the intention is,too - according to the manual. So they bug still exist...

cheers
    edited April 2010
    Follow up question: Is there a fast and simple way to open up the options window of a virtual master? I mean, without moving it to a physical fader?

kind regards
    Tommi Bernhardt
  • BodhiBodhi Registered User
    edited April 2010
    Hold "Open " while pressing your list.

Cheers
    edited April 2010
    Thanks!
    edited April 2010
    Returned from the production now, I would like to add to the bug before mentioned, that I was also not able to get the feature of a fade time in the comment macro working. This is also mentioned in the manual, but seems to be more of a kind of wishful thinking...

regards
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Thomas,

The bug with the fade time of a comment macro is logged. You can have the fader adjust its level, but the time is currently ignored. We do hope to fix this bug soon.
    edited April 2010
    Brad,
    thanks for your answer. Do you have any idea of a time-frame, when this whole issue of comment macros will be fully functional?

kind regards
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Thomas,

I don't have a current timeline for this bug to be fixed, but we will discuss it again and see if we can add it to any of the upcoming releases.