Question About Controlling a WH II

__Mystic____Mystic__ Registered User
I have a question and this is the best place to go for answers...I am wondering if there is a way or if anyone has trioed with success or faliure to control a Whole Hog II with a tablet PC essentially using A TABLET AS A RFU? Any information would be helpful...
Thanx,
Mystic

Comments

• erockerock Registered User
    edited March 2010
    If you used Hog2PC, you could do this thru windows remote desktop.

Hog2PC can't send Midi notes only MSC, so you could link Hog 2PC to a full Hog 2 Console, but you could only control cue commands: go, stop, back, go to cue. It wouldn't allow you to edit channel levels, record cues etc that Midi Notes would allow.

Eric
  • __Mystic____Mystic__ Registered User
    edited March 2010
    how would I configure remote desktop ? Also what hardware would I need?
  • erockerock Registered User
    edited March 2010
    This gives a pretty good overview of how to set it up:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsXp/using/mobility/getstarted/Remoteintro.mspx

It's software that comes with Windows XP, I believe Vista and 7 as well.

Basically you're setting up the computer running Hog2PC with a widget attached as the server and then using your tablet as the client that logs into it to control it. You wouldn't run Hog2PC on the tablet only on the server side.

Hardware-wise, you'd need the server computer, either a laptop or a desktop, with a widget attached for DMX output. And then you'd have your tablet to use as the RFU.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Eric
  • Unknown Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    edited March 2010
    Remote desktop is only available in the Professional operating systems. If you're running XP Home it won't work. You can try something like VNC instead.