Hog 3 PC Internal Widget Problem

John PatrickJohn Patrick Registered User
Hi all
a bit of a problem getting Hog 3 PC 2.1 to recognize the internal widget in a Program wing, the computer see's the widget but no amount of trying will connect the Program Widget to the DP of the Hog 3 Software, I cannot even add a DP to get a universe Happening, any idea's or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards J.P

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited March 2010
    On a Full Boar all widgets must be mapped to the internal net #1 DP8000 process. Open your network window and ensure that the DP8000 net #1 is reading "Running" and then open the node settings window for DP8000 net #1 to configure the wing's widget outputs to whichever universes of the DP8000 you want.
  • edited March 2010
    > problem getting Hog 3 PC 2.1
    > no amount of trying will connect the Program Widget
    > to the DP of the Hog 3 Software,

Version 2.1 is very old. The Road Hog wings did not exist when 2.1 was released, so it does not recognize the wing as a valid device. You'll have much better luck with newer software.
  • John PatrickJohn Patrick Registered User
    edited March 2010
    Still no Cigar Guys
    Installed Hog3 PC 3.1.5 on the PC , both Program Wing and Playback Wing are plugged into the Computer the Widget is installed into the Program wing, But is not seen by Hog3 PC although it is listed in the USB devices by Windows XP.
    Any more idea's would be appreciated
  • edited March 2010
    You'll need to provide a lot more information before anyone can help you. What do you mean my "Not seen by Hog3PC"? What do you see under the "Widget Outputs" tab of the DP settings window?
    edited March 2010
    Ok the DP 8000 #1 is Running after I Patch some Fixtures, When I go to "Widget Outputs Tab" 1 thru 8 are available, 9 thru 16 are not available, if I click on any of the 1 thru 8 Tabs available nothing appears in the drop down tabs so I cant choose a Universe
    The strange thing is I do not have a problem if I connect an outboard Super Widget to the computer, it just does not want to play with the installed internal Super Widget in the program wing, it also will not allow me to set Default IP settings in network settings, if I set default IP setting and Click Apply or OK it jumps straight to Custom IP settings that have no settings entered except for DNS which is 127.0.0.1
  • edited March 2010
    When you look in the Windows Device Manager, what does it say for the wing and for the widget (The full listed name)?
    edited March 2010
    The Device Manager Lists the Following
    Flying Pig Systems devices
    DMX512 Super Widget-Internal
    Playback Wing
    Programming Wing
    edited March 2010
    When I go into System Info it tells me "Super Widget Serial Not Detected"
  • edited March 2010
    > DMX512 Super Widget-Internal

That's your problem. The widget is configured to be an internal widget. The widget in a RH Wing should be an external widget (it's internal to the wing, but external to the console, and the console is what matters).

Pull the widget out of the wing. You'll see four tiny DIP switches. Chage the position of switch 1 and re-install the widget. It should now show up as an external widget and allow you to configure it.
    edited March 2010
    Thanks so much Eric that did the Trick, Much appreciated
  • JeffMJeffM Registered User
    edited March 2010
    One other minor detail is that you do have to have a fixture in the patch before the widget will configure. Not sure why, but no matter what else you do, it will never show up until you patch something in your show first.