Very Strange HOG PC phenomena! is anyone familiar with this?

Greetings! I have a HOG PC on an XP machine with a programmer wing, 3x Playback wings, 2x 15" touches and 3x DMX Widgets.

I'm not sure what triggers this as it happens randomly. It also cures itself randomly. I asume it is some combination of button presses and/ or perhaps something about the contents of a cue somewhere in the show.

Here is what happens:

I will be chugging along running as normal, choosing, playing, bumping, setting bpms and adjusting effect rates when all of a sudden the board will enter "some other mode" where the plays no longer function and the choose buttons have to be doule pressed in order to select the desired master. This issue is further complicated because the choose button acts as a tap for the BPM of the respective master(if it is a chase) in this mode! Attempting to choose a master that has a chase on it ruins the tempo of the running master because you have to double click it to select.

It is quite exascerbating. Can anyone help?

Further more, Is there a way to harness this tap fuction while running normally? I would love to figure this out.
Related