DL2 Pan Issue

I have had this problem with two of my four DL2s. From time to time on start up the will home correctly but will not go to the correct pan position that is programmed. I have Homed all motion and tested Pan/Tilt via CMA and it finds home but it still will not pan correctly, any thoughts?
  • Shawn,

Here are a few things to try that might help with the pan inaccuracies:

1) What version of software is running on the DL.2s? 1.5.3 is the latest, and there were some improvements done in the 1.5.x versions of software to both motion and the motor calibration routine. If you don't have the latest, I would recommend upgrading.

2) Re-tention the pan belt. After some time, the rubber on the inside of the belts can wear, causing the belt to loosen slightly. You can do this by:

-Remove the top box covers
    -Find the motor plate with the two pan motors attached
    -Loosen (but don't remove) the 4 bolts holding the pan motor plate. This will allow the spring that is attached to the motor plate to re-tention the belt. Tighten the bolts back up.

3) Run motor calibration. If the fixtures are hanging, make sure the truss is not swaying too much when the calibration is run. Calibration should definitely be done if you re-tention the pan belt.

4) Clean the pan encoder. It is under a black circular cover on top of one of the pan motors. Remove the cover and carefully wipe the encoder down with rubbing alcohol. Re-install the cover and run motor calibration.

Give these things a try and let us know if it clears up your issue. If not, we can troubleshoot further.

Thanks,