Position Palletts Help

(Excuse my ability to effectivly convey this idea/issue).
I have 80 moving head lights fixtures, running on trusses in groups of 10.

With 1 group of 10, I grouped by 10, and faned the pan out, recorded a position preset(as preset 1). Cleared the Programmer.
Same group of 10, I grouped by 5, and faned the pan out, recorded a position preset(as preset 2). Cleared the Programmer.
Same group of 10, I grouped by 2, and faned the pan out, recorded a position preset(as preset 3). Cleared the Programmer.
With another group of 10, fanned the pan in (effectivly group of 10, without being explicit), and recorded a position preset(as preset1), Cleared the Programmer.

When I select any group of 10, I have access to Position presets 1, 2, & 3. But not 4.

If I select all 80 fixtures, I can select any position preset, but preset 4 only effects the fixtures that were in the original preset.

I have tried to re-record the preset using "Per Type", "Per Fixture" & "Global", but still not able to get it working.

As a side note, when I record it as "Global" and then look at the Position Pallet as a spredsheet the "Global" collum still states "No".

Any help appreciated.
  • Michael,

By default position palettes are recorded "per fixture", which means they are available only to the fixtures that are stored within them. However you can override this and store a position palette as "per type" or even "global". Usually you do not want to do this as position values are typically unique to each and every fixture.

I am not sure exactly what options you were selecting when you were recording your palettes.. the user manual does explain the differences between the various recording options. Could you post the exact keystrokes you used when recording your palettes and also send me your show file via our uploader at upload.highend.com

thanks,
Related