This Trackspot part is called...??

John B.John B. Registered User
edited February 2010 in HES Automated Lighting
I want to order two items and am not sure of their correct names.

The first one is a thick lens that is attached to a L-shaped piece of aluminum and is located right after the lamp assembly. Can someone confirm that this is called a "Hot Mirror"? Also, mine has cracked glass - can the whole assembly be replaced instead of dealing with RTV to attach it to the existing L-bracket?

The second part is a sort of "hub" that you attach to the motor shaft and holds either the color wheel or gobo wheel.

Any assistance, as always, is appreciated.

John M. Bedell

Comments

• John B.John B. Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Thank you very much Chris - top notch, as always!

John
  • muvmentmuvment Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Does a cracked heat filter really affect anything?
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited February 2010
    muvment wrote: »
    Does a cracked heat filter really affect anything?

Yes as it blocks most of the infared and ultraviolet rays emitted from lamps.
    To allow this stuff to pass it will destroy your dicro's over time and your gobos.
    Very bad to not have these in place and downright stupid.:nono:
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited February 2010
    John B. wrote: »
    I want to order two items and am not sure of their correct names.

The first one is a thick lens that is attached to a L-shaped piece of aluminum and is located right after the lamp assembly. Can someone confirm that this is called a "Hot Mirror"? Also, mine has cracked glass - can the whole assembly be replaced instead of dealing with RTV to attach it to the existing L-bracket?

The second part is a sort of "hub" that you attach to the motor shaft and holds either the color wheel or gobo wheel.

Any assistance, as always, is appreciated.

John M. Bedell

HES used to sell just the glass. Coating towards the lamp! For this to be done correctly use red silicone (hi temp). Apply and allow it to set for 15 minutes. I use to use a (g) guitar string to set the distance from the glass to the holder as the glass does not go up to it tight. This space allows the glass to expand and contract due to the high heat involved with out breaking. The gap needs to be about 1/32 of an inch.