URGENT!!!!

fullsailitisfullsailitis Registered User
Doing a show February 3rd. Will start programming next week. I will only have a day or two to program a light show. Its a Hog PC with an expansion wing for playback. Not sure if its got the newest software or not.

The profile library has all the lights except the ones I'm bringing. I need a profile for the American DJ Mega Bar 7 Channel Mode!!

Been a while since I've worked on Hog. How to I import the profile into the program?

THANKS!

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2010
    First, if you need a fixture profile built, it needs to be in the right forum for Steve to see it.

http://forums.highend.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Second, make sure the console is on the latest build with the latest library and the ADJ MegaBar LED 7Ch is in the current library.

To see what's in the current library, you can check these two places:

Common Library:
    http://www.flyingpig.com/support/hog3/downloads/library/web_table_main_v4-1-54.html

Uncommon Library:
    http://www.flyingpig.com/support/hog3/downloads/library/web_table_uncommon_v4-1-54.html

Hope that helps...
  • fullsailitisfullsailitis Registered User
    edited January 2010
    The only problem I fear with that is that the lighting console isn't mine and they have shows saved on it that they will be using after I finish using it.

I can't remember if there will be any difficulties with their previous shows once I load the new software...

Sorry for so many questions but I don't have the time or lenancy to just try stuff out.

Thanks!

DC
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2010
    One thing you could do is bring it current for your show and then roll it back to what they are using after you are done.

I think they would want the most current software, but some people might not. You would need to ask to be sure though.
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited January 2010
    first get a "lib-file" with your library ( from steve or so ), put it on flashdrive > put stick in computer > go to "set-up" > "shows" > "merge" and find the file on your stick. Then it will import the new lib-file to the actual show.
    edited January 2010
    If I update to 3 will that wipe out anything already programmed?
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited January 2010
    no,only if you do a full restore.but better make a backup of all showfiles...
    edited January 2010
    Can someone give me a step by step list on how to update? I know it seems a little childish, but I want to make sure that I'm doin it correctly and not going to wipe out anything.

Where can I get the update? And is it possible that I could save the show they have now while in version 2, do a full restore to version 3 and then reload their show so I can use the patching and pallettes they already have programmed?

Thanks once again guys!
  • prmuchaprmucha Registered User
    edited January 2010
    Are you updating to V3.x from a V2.x or just from a V3.x to a newer?
    edited January 2010
    V2 to v3
  • erockerock Registered User
    edited January 2010
    I think that you do have to do a full restore if you are doing that major of an update with the console, and in doing this it would delete your show files, just a FYI.

Eric
  • edited January 2010
    Installing a new version of Hog3PC should not delete existing show files. But, you should always back up any shows you care about anyway. There are plenty of other things can go wrong and cause you to lose data.