about quelist macros

jussikamunenjussikamunen Registered User
A question about quelist macros:

I am runnig a show from two lists.
Lists are in faders 9 and 10.

Now the last cue of list 1 on master 9 is running following macros: Go master 10 and Choose Master 10 (GM10: CM10) and the first cue of list 2 on master 10 is runnig macro Release Master 9 (RM9).

This works just fine as an "automatic" list/master change but is there a way to be absolutely sure that list 2 in master 10 is in the first que of the list?

Both lists are used before show rehearsals and this might cause a human error for second cuelist. When it is released it needs to be manually backed to first cue before show. I would like to eliminate one more possibilty of error...

Comments

• kevinj.lawsonkevinj.lawson Registered User
    edited January 2010
    There is an option in the cuelist option menu for reset on release. This will reset your cuelist back to the first cue when it is released. This should be what your looking for.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited January 2010
    Jussi

You can set both list to 'Reset on Release', this way when the lists get a release command they will reset to the first cue in the list.

Also after the rehearsals do a pig + release to make sure that both list will reset.

You can set the cues to 'Reset on Release' by holding down the choose button on Masters 9 and 10 and on the right monitor you will see some options appear. Select the 'Reset on Release' option.
    You can also set this option by opening the choosen master and hitting the options tab.
  • jussikamunenjussikamunen Registered User
    edited January 2010
    Thanks,
    got it now.

Pig+release releases too much other stuff so I dont want that.
    Forgot to mention it in first message.

Also thanks to Sami´s quick volunteer sms tips service :hogsign:
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2010
    You're welcome.

Though, it wouldn't be bad to have a goto comment macro...
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited January 2010
    You could cue it directly too.
    Go Cuelist GL
      /[cue] GL1.5, GL2/5

• srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2010
    :dunce: True...how come I managed to forget that? I really should read the manual...
    edited January 2010
    Just noticed a thing about releasing a master with macro.
    The RM macro doesn´t use the release time set in master playback options menu (of the master that I want to release).
    It uses faster default time.
    The actual problem is that the rigging pipes start to swing when fixture positions release too fast.

Show running now so I cant test, but would changing the default release time to longer help?

Then of course everything else releases anoyingly slowly by default...

Any ideas?
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited January 2010
    Use RL (Release cuelist) instead.
    Set the Release Time for the Cuelist under Options (top left corner).
    edited January 2010
    I´ll try also RL.

Now I worked around with using priority.
    By raising the priority of master I want to release the tracking values in actual show list wont change anything before smooth release is finished.
    Works just fine.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited January 2010
    The actual problem is that the rigging pipes start to swing when fixture positions release too fast.

In this case I would set your Pan & Tilt parameters to be "non-releasable" under Edit Fixtures.

Simply change the "Releasable" column from "Yes" to "No" and your fixtures will only move when you give them new position data. Even if you do a Pig+Release.

Hope this helps. :)
    edited January 2010
    Thanks Marty,

I now tried "non-releasable" also. Works for me also. Need to remember this for future use also. I havent used Edit fixtures menu/function often. Actually never before this...

Many good solutions (as usual), but I still returned to releasing with macro and setting the priority.

Somehow the non-releasable operation reminded too much of MA "htp-style" programming in scancommander/licon...