DL3: SDI in AND Camera Out (via SDI)

brandon_cbrandon_c Registered User
edited January 2014 in DL.3/DL.2
I am working on a project and here is my scenario:

I have an SDI feed going into each DL3, but I would like an option to select whether or not that feed passes through to the SDI out.

In my scenario I always want the DL3s to output their camera (via SDI) while having an SDI feed coming in.

From an engineering/hardware/software standpoint is this possible?

-BC

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    It is not possible to have an SDI out and in simultaneously in the same unit when using the camera.

In this scenario I would reccommend sending the camera out via the s-video since there is no real resolution gain when coming out of the SDI.

Then you can send your SDI feed in and "loop" it to other fixtures via the SDI out no problem.

Hope this helps. :)
  • brandon_cbrandon_c Registered User
    edited December 2009
    All of the video equipment (switchers, preview screens, video inputs, etc) are SDI. Does not make sense to come out S-Video and convert to SDI when the DL3 is cabaple of outputting SDI. Hence the reason for wanting an option to select whether or not the SDI loops.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited January 2010
    You can absolutely get some s-video to SDI converters and hook them into your system. This seems a bit expensive to me, but if you;ve got the budget then go for it.

The issue is that you cannot output the camera vis the DL.3s SDI port and at the same time take an external SDI input.
  • alezyalezy Registered User
    edited January 2014
    We are building a system that will have the Nano and the PlayBack Wing4 used with an "all-in-one" computer setup. The Dell computer we are looking at has 2x USB3.0 on it. One being used to connect the Nano.
  • sidalrsidalr Registered User
    I am new to using DL3. How do i send the Camera input to the S-Video? and what do i do to project it on aonther DL3? I am using an ETC GIO console. Thank you and please help.