17" and 19" touchscreen recommendations

srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
I looking for a external touchscreen for Hog3 and I would like to know what good screens you have found.

Any compatible 19" Intellitouch screens?

Comments

• XOP15XOP15 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2009
    I use a ELO 19" touch screen, it works just fine. They are about £400.00 new but they come up on ebay all the time at around about £200.00
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2009
    Dave,

What model exactly (model number)? Intelli or Accutouch?
  • spcentralspcentral Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2009
    I use 2 17" Intellitouch screens. They are a few years old and the model is discontinued now, but still work perfectly. The 17" is a pretty manageable size for me, but if I were to get new ones, I would get 19" just for the few extra inches.
  • joeshepardjoeshepard Registered User
    edited January 2010
    I'm using an ELO Model ET1915L as my 3rd iPC monitor. Works great.

http://www.elotouch.com/Products/LCDs/1915L/

Joe
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited January 2010
    Joe,

Is your display Accu or Intellitouch version?
  • pitarpitar Registered User
    edited January 2010
    Sami,
    i use a 19" elo and 3 15" elo s . The best for me is the 1515L.
    Its the elo nr:ET 1515L- 7CWA-1-G
    E849124
    It can be touched with the fingernail ! for smallest parts of the screen.
    all others of my monitors need the skin of the finger to be touched.
    If you want to by one used (ebay), with the number on the back of the monitor you can have a look at the elo page and see what type of touch it is. Also if it is a discontinued
    product or how old it is.
    greetings
  • orlandoorlando Registered User
    edited August 2010
    believe it or not i'm using an acer t230h with a hogpc running xp. it's a 23 " touch screen. retails for $350 new.
  • NLStormNLStorm Registered User
    edited February 2011
    I was saving up for an ELO but then I saw the Acer T230H and looks like great value for the price. I'm running Hog3PC on a MacBookPro with Parallels/WindowsXP. Hoping the Acer would be a good solution for me.

Orlando, how are you liking your Acer?

Any other good touchscreen solutions out there?
    edited February 2011
    They are great. I have two of them. They are designed for windows 7 but found a HP driver that will allow single touch functions on XP. cant beat the price.

I'm also using two 10" usb touch screens I got off of ebay. these werent so cheap at around 190 each but when used together with the 23"acer they look cool and are functional

I'm a mac guy, but are there any advantages to using a mac to run the hog software?
  • NLStormNLStorm Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Nice to hear the Acer's are a good alternate to the ELO's!

Are you running all 4 touchscreens simultaneously?

I wouldn't say there's a definitely "advantage" to running HogPC on a Mac, other than the advantage that I don't have to purchase a PC! Running in Bootcamp or Parallels has a bit of a learning curve to get your peripherals to run smoothly, but other than that, its doing the job.
    edited February 2011
    No, I'm running the acer and the 2 - 10 inchers on the client console. The other acer is used with the server.
  • PorkyPorky Registered User
    edited June 2011
    Hi,
    is there any chance to get the Acer T230/231 working on the IPc ? Would be great if it will do :-)
    Anyone tried yet ?

Thx
    Porky
  • soundtechblakesoundtechblake Registered User
    edited June 2011
    I currently use two T230H with Hog3 PC on an Alienware M17 works a treat.:hogsign:
  • PorkyPorky Registered User
    edited June 2011
    But will this also do with an Hog IPC ? Maybe I'd try to get one T230H and test by myself :)
    Greetings
    Porky
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited June 2011
    Only the ELO's or touchscreens that use ELO drivers will work with a iPC, Hog3, Fullboar, or Roadhog.
    The only touchscreen drivers that are loaded in those desks are the ELO ones.
    I wouldn't buy one to try it unless you can return it, or if you have some other use for it.

Joshua Wood
  • JeffMJeffM Registered User
    edited June 2011
    All touch screens are basically the same with the exception on how you can touch them. Some will let you touch them with any object and others have to be touched by a warm finger. Other than that, it's just a matter of the drivers you use.
    ELO makes the drivers and can be used with any screen. You don't have to go out and buy the way overpriced ELO monitors. Save the money and get some off brand screens. Mine are from a company called Planar. Work great and have had them 8 yrs.
    I use the ELO drivers.
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited June 2011
    so what you are saying is that you can use the elo touchscreen driver with any touchscreen?
    Seems like a stretch for me, I understand that some screens may work with the elo drivers, but I would be very surprised if all of them did.

I would love to hear some info on a few other brands, and see if they work with the elo drivers, or if it is just the planar screens.

Josh