pixel mapping and other ideas

Alright so almost all of the other consoles are doing it I think that youll should have a pixel mapping feature that corresponds to the effects generator like the magic Q. Also I think that youll should add another ten bult in playbacks to the console which doesnt require any external products to work. After all most smaller jobs can afford to rent a Hog 3 and an expansion wing or playback wing with it. It would be a nice thing like running a hog 1000. Also with hog 3pc I think that youll should make it to where you can just turn on the mode on the control pannel After all last time I had to call tech support to figure out why my widget wasn't working. And I have now forgotten the steps to on how to do it because it is kind of confusing. It would be nice though working at a rental house to be able to turn the hog 3 program on when all of our other consoles are away and we need to test lights.
  • Hi Cody,

Let me address your points:
    >>I think that youll should have a pixel mapping feature that corresponds to the effects generator like the magic Q.
    Understood... this is already logged as a future feature idea

>>I think that youll should add another ten bult in playbacks to the console which doesnt require any external products to work
    There are several methods to run virtual masters. Please see section 24.3 of the user manual/help for details

>>I think that youll should make it to where you can just turn on the mode on the control pannel
    I think you are referring to configuring widgets. They actually auto-configure, but you can manually configure them through the network window. Full instructions are in the user manual section 30 or you can watch this video for further details: www.highend.com/support/training/Files/Video_7-WhatsNew/whatsnew.html

thanks,
  • Any ideas on if the Pixel mapping feature would be added to the console? when I have a show with a large amount of LEDs and no media server I tend not to use a hog 3 and end up going for a console that does have that feature but if it had the feature I would use the hog 3 for sure!
  • What other consoles other than chamsys have the pixel mapping I think I heard the vista has it but *** the vista in all honestly used it once hated it. Oh also another idea I had was when you know when lets say I type in group 1 enter select odd or something, I wish that for chase purposes I could do something like group 1 enter select 1/3,1/4,1/5 and so on. That would be really cool if you could select the offset when you use the select softkey button
  • [QUOTE=codystoltz;45314]What other consoles other than chamsys have the pixel mapping

Vista, GrandMA, Vector, Congo (I think), there may be others but these spring to mind first. I wouldn't really count it as pixelmapping. Its just another way of outputting DMX to fixtures, console bitmaps, matrix and pixelmapping are alot more limiting than that of the server. In fact it could slow the console down even more! If you want to pixelmap, use something like an Hippo, Catalyst or even Axon feeding another external computer.

Best Regards,
  • Thats what i try to explain to producers but they don't seems to have the same point of view than you :-)
  • Pixel mapping, Ipad/android apps, FREE visualizer, multi-touch function, STABLE fixture builder, and a 64bit driver for the widget. these are all functions that need to be addressed. MUCH cheaper consoles/os offer these options and after spending 3 grand just to only run moving lights efficiently it seems like I should have spent money elsewhere. 64 bit systems have been out for what, 4 years now? don't you think its time to support them? The same can be said about the ipad/android apps. If you don't address these things, I am afraid you will be left behind. also charging us out the ass for things doesn't make me want to buy a 25000$ hog 3 when I know I am going to have to someday buy something else just to make it work. I called tech support about how to use the profile maker since there is NO support manual for it and was told not to bother with using it and that it is extremely unstable and just to have you build it. Do I really want MY shows run on an unstable system. It could ruin me. now all that being said I love the way you program with hog systems and Love running moving lights with it. Please just bring your software up to date with everyone else
  • Hi thechrismartin,

I am sorry to hear your frustrations. Please understand that we are working to address many customer requests and that development takes time. We do have plans for much of what you discuss and in fact v3.1.8 with 64-bit driver support should be released next week. We take pride and care with our software to maintain a reliable system in any circumstance and this results in longer development and testing cycles than some other less expensive consoles that may not be as reliable.

Also regarding the fixture builder, I admit that it can be a bit troublesome to use depending on what exactly you are trying to build. Section 34 of the user manual / on-line help does explain how to use this function. In addition, if you send an email to hoglibraries@barco.com with the DMX protocol for the fixture you need, we can usually get a library to you fairly quickly.

If you have further concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at brad.schiller (at) barco.com We are dedicated to ensuring the happiness of our customers and their experiences with our products.

thank you,
Related