Road Hog Monitor / Wholehog Busking Questions

I was doing some training on a Road Hog with one of our installation customers who comes from a live busking environment and he had some questions that I was unable to answer nor find answers for on the forum. Some are related to specifically to the Road Hog and others are related to the Wholehog Console family in general.

Is there anyway to not have to configure the 3rd Monitor in the Road Hog each time the console boots up? (They are probably running 3.0 or even 2.6, so perhaps that has been addressed.)
Is there anyway to call up a custom view by default each time the console boots up?
I am assuming there is still no way to change which side of the console the 3rd monitor is on for cursor movement. By default it is left. (I know that has been asked before and I am assuming that’s a video card choice.)
Can you assign a fade rate for a palette for live playback or overriding? (I know you can select fade changes in the programmer, but I am wondering if you can use the timing to record and embedded palette with a fade rate?
Is there anyway to quickly grab the global timing for an effect that is running and slow it down or speed it up on the Road Hog? (I know you can suck fixtures into the programmer and then select effect and dial it in, but I am talking about something similar to the rate wheel or perhaps an ICPB fader for effects timing that would allow you to adjust the effects rate live.)

Any help you can provide with these issues is greatly appreciated.

Travis Slyter
Ruehling Associates, Inc.

• Is there anyway to not have to configure the 3rd Monitor in the Road Hog each time the console boots up? (They are probably running 3.0 or even 2.6, so perhaps that has been addressed.)

This I believe is fixed. I've never had to reconfigure an external monitor on our Roadhog.

Is there anyway to call up a custom view by default each time the console boots up?

Yes, in the Misc. portion of the preferences. Use a "startup macro." I use CP2:RV1 to change the page to Page 2 and recall view 1.

I am assuming there is still no way to change which side of the console the 3rd monitor is on for cursor movement. By default it is left. (I know that has been asked before and I am assuming that’s a video card choice.)

That is correct. It is the same currently...I don't know if this is going to be changed or not.

Is there anyway to quickly grab the global timing for an effect that is running and slow it down or speed it up on the Road Hog? (I know you can suck fixtures into the programmer and then select effect and dial it in, but I am talking about something similar to the rate wheel or perhaps an ICPB fader for effects timing that would allow you to adjust the effects rate live.)

If it's attached to a fader, hold down choose and you should get "EFFECT RATE" on one of the encoders.
  • Thanks for the response. For the effects rate question, what if it not assigned to a fader? I.e What if you grabbing fixtures and putting an effect on them live in the programmer. Any ideas on how to quickly modify the rate on desks other than the Hog PC and Wholehog III?

Thanks.

Travis Slyter
  • [quote=tbslyter;43660]

As Jon says, you can use the startup macro feature. You can also use this to fire other macros such as executing a list, or recalling a view etc.

[quote=tbslyter;43660]

Can you assign a fade rate for a palette for live playback or overriding? (I know you can select fade changes in the programmer, but I am wondering if you can use the timing to record and embedded palette with a fade rate?

When you record the palette, do it on the command line and include the timing information with it. For example, when recording the palette from the programmer, press - TIME 6 ENTER. Then, - COLOUR TIME RECORD COLOUR 2. This will record colour and timing information into colour palette 2. If the palette already exists it will ask you to merge, replace or overwrite.

[quote=tbslyter;43663]Thanks for the response. For the effects rate question, what if it not assigned to a fader? I.e What if you grabbing fixtures and putting an effect on them live in the programmer. Any ideas on how to quickly modify the rate on desks other than the Hog PC and Wholehog III?

If you have just applied the effect from an effect palette or the engine, then you have access to the effects' parameters on the wheels, so you can adjust them with the wheels.

Best Regards,
  • Thanks for the info on recording timing in the palettes. For the effects rate, not exactly what I was thinking of, but of course that way works. Doesn't sound like there are any other options unless you are on a Hog III or using the mouse in Hog PC.

So one final question. Is there a macro string to either delete a cuelist from a master or load a cuelist to a master? Thanks again.

Travis Slyter
  • [quote=tbslyter;43684]Thanks for the info on recording timing in the palettes. For the effects rate, not exactly what I was thinking of, but of course that way works. Doesn't sound like there are any other options unless you are on a Hog III or using the mouse in Hog PC.

So one final question. Is there a macro string to either delete a cuelist from a master or load a cuelist to a master? Thanks again.

Travis Slyter

No Problem... also bear in mind that there is alot of space in the effects directory. So you could record palettes with intervals for your effect, palette 50 has your effect running at 50 BPM, then 51 has it running at 60 BPM etc. Or something to that tune anyway? Remember that when recording a view, the view will remember the location of the directory you were in, so you could record all these "intervaled" palettes at the very bottom of the directory so they dont get in the way, then have a view softkey linking to them.

Best Regards,
Related