Slight Lag In Video

chrislislechrislisle Registered User
edited December 2009 in DL.3/DL.2
I am running a show now using 4 DL2's fixtures (3 as projectors, 1 as a camera). I have a rack set up as advised in the DL2 manual with the Marshall Splitters, D-TEk Pro, etc. (Rack sits with me at FOH and all signals are fed over CAT5). There is a noticable slight delay in the live video shots that I am taking - the video is a few frames behind the live audio. I understand the whole speed of sound/speed of light thing, but I was wondering if there was a piece of equipment that I can purchase to correct or lessen this delay.

Thanks for any advice!

-Chris

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    Nope....always been this way. It has to do with the signal processing inside the DL.2 computer, and it already is as fast as it can be as it goes directly through the GPU.

The delay can vary from about a 1/2 second to as much as 1.5 seconds.

Hope this helps. :)
  • chrislislechrislisle Registered User
    edited December 2009
    Hey Marty -

Would you say that the lag is more on the camera end, projector end, or both. In other words, if I were running a lipstick style camera into the DL2 projectors, rather than the DL2 camera, would that reduce the lag?

Thanks!
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited December 2009
    It is on the DL.2 server computer end.

If you look at your preview monitors on the D-TEK system you will not see any noticable lag.....it has everything to do with how the s-video signal is processed in the server computer.

A regualr lipstick cam will have the same issues.
    If you route the DL.2 camera to another source (like a video wall) you will not see the lag (unless there is a processing lag in the wall).

Make sense?
  • chrislislechrislisle Registered User
    edited December 2009
    Makes total sense - thanks!