Hog 3PC and CITP?

SasjaSasja Registered User
Hi, quick question; if I buy a DP 2000 for the Hog 3 Pc system (latest release software) will the Hog read mediaserver thumbnails?

Sorry if this has been touched many times before, if so, please guide me into the right thread.

Sasja
LD, Bergen
Norway

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited November 2009
    The Hog3 software does not YET support CITP protocol. I have heard rumors that it is on the development list, but there is no known published timeline for these features.

While CITP is nice (and, yes I want to see it too), I have been programming servers on the Hog for the last 3 years and, with planning, you won't miss it.

Jon
  • SasjaSasja Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Thanks,

Yes, I know..it`s just so damn irritating. When you are programming different consoles and different mediaservers with a very it`s slowing things down.

Sasja
  • SasjaSasja Registered User
    edited November 2009
    ...with a very different content material...(was supposed to be in there somewhere:))

Sasja
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2009
    So true...
    CITP is handy when you have just "some" content.
    All my projects have been well planned and the content is just for the project. So with Hippo for example programming is easy with Zookeeper on one screen. No special console/mediaserver integration is needed.
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited December 2009
    In all honesty, CITP can be more of a hinderance than a help. I am programming a Vector at the minute with Hippo's and CITP only makes me squint more at the screen...

Now bi-directional DMX is another thing entirly!! I wish we were able to do something on Hippo/Catalyst/Arkaos/Maxedia etc and the change will be updated in the Hog programmer, because sometimes it is easier and quicker to program on the server, if only the console could record what you do on the server. Similar to how Wygs auto focus works.

Best Regards,