road hog and 3.1.1 surprises

So riddle me this,
I updated to 3.1.1 (2679) on Monday. On Tuesday I began programing 3 different groups of LED fixtures for a short tour, starting today (11-22) While I was working, I noticed a few things:
Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a small error box on the right hand screen of some sort - it closed before I could read it, I barely saw it as I was watching a cue run at the time.
During the cueing session on Monday, I had some "lagging" programming issues, where when updating, naming and recording cues and pallets, especially effect pallets, the soft buttons on the bottom right screen would fade out. After a moment, the pallet would update and the screen would return to normal. Programmed items behaved as expected.
When I noticed both of the above examples, I loaded a backup and started over from 3 mins ago's backup; after I loaded the backup, I checked it for integrity before I resumed programming.
Tues through Fri - no problems still working on the same backup show from Monday.
Sunday, first show - I arrive, patch in the house rig's 24 movers go through my exisiting LED cues and begin programming position pallets etc.
The first thing I noticed was Pig + Release stopped working, release also stopped working, however go to cue zero reset the fader as expected.
I stopped, loaded a backup, checked integrity and went about it.
About 30 mins into my hour of programming time, it did the lag issue - and a few other fun surprises.
Pallets would not relate to each other, groups would sometimes take color, position, effect etc and sometimes not take the same pallet a moment later.
The desk crashed into the purple hog splash screen after I checked integrity of backup (s) I started after 20, 35 and 50 minute mark. Release / pig + release stopped working. At this point, it was doors and not my turn to run the show; I rebooted before my band, started a backup and held on.

During the show, I only used my playbacks no live programming, release worked throughout the show and my cues held for 5 out of 9 playbacks. 4 locked up and one is the GM, of course.

I limped through the set and when I tried to shut down / lamp off, the programmer side was locked up.

I'm just going to start a new show tomorrow and see what happens...anyone have any thoughts? Maybe I should revert. I'm the only user of this desk, it is well maintained, never dropped or abused and until this week has never behaved this way. I use it on average of 3-4 days a week, it's a 2007 model.

Anyone had this happen, or thoughts?
-Jim
Related