iPC BIOS Question

joeshepardjoeshepard Registered User
I just replaced the battery in my iPC all went well but it brought up a question for me. One of the BIOS settings changes listed on the iPC battery changing instructions is "automatic restart in case of power failure". Is it OK if I don't use that setting? I've had it be a bit annoying at times.

Thanks,

Joe

Comments

• Aaron ZahndAaron Zahnd Registered User
    edited January 2010
    I would like to know about this as well. Anytime the power goes out while I am gone I come back to find my IPCs running.
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited January 2010
    It doesn't make any difference except when you click off the power button on the power supplyof the console, it will no longer turn on the console. You will need to use the ATX switch under the protected panel everytime. No big deal unless you are renting the console.
  • joeshepardjoeshepard Registered User
    edited January 2010
    Since my first post I've decided the best way for me to deal with this is to remember to turn off the power switch after the iPC finishes it's shut down. It won't start up until you turn the switch back to the on position.

Joe
  • edited January 2010
    It's OK to change the "automatic restart in case of power failure" setting if another option fits your needs better.