DL3 Collage yellow lines

RYANCRYANC Registered User
edited November 2009 in DL.3/DL.2
Hey all..

Does anyone ever have an issue when using DL3's in a collage and getting a dirty yellow blur line on the seems of the collage?

I do adjust the yellow in global to adjust out of the map and it seems the best around 59% yellow, but I still get the yellow seems..

help?

Comments

• cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited November 2009
    Ryan,
    few suggestions..
    try playing with modifier 3 in your global settings and see if you can change the edge blend options of your collage.

If you play with the individual intensity of the DL3 fixtures can you make the yellow
    seams disappear?
    Could it be be an old bulb/new bulb thing in your fixtures...does all the content seem to be of the same output?
    Does the yellow line appear if you create a smaller sized collage with your fixtures like a 2wide x 1 high ?
    Is it on every piece of content ?

C
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2009
    There are several settings in the Modifier 3 of the Collage Effect that set the gamma curve differently for the blended areas.

Try DMX value of 144 or 145 on your modifier 3.

Hope this helps. :)
    edited November 2009
    Fixtures DL3
    Software 1.5.3

Hi,
    I think this also has something to do with the overlap of pixels in the collage...i'm seeing this with content that is brighter or has less black in it.
    I can confirm that this is not a fixture issue as i'm using different batch's of fixtures from various vendors.
    Modifier 3 is not getting rid of the blur....i don't get the lines in a 2 x 1 collage but in a 3 x 1???

Suggestions....C
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2009
    You could try using a differnt collage mode that does not overlap, but this will take you mich more time to align properly.

Are you coming in from an extreme angle?
    Where are you in the zoom range?
    What lens on the DL.3s? All the same?
    edited November 2009
    No not coming from an extreme angle straight on and the yellow line is constant,three fixtures fixture(2) on center fixtures (1) and (3) 10' off center.
    Fixtures zoomed out all the way.
    Standard zoom lens option all the same all on all fixtures.

Will send pictures
    Cheers C
  • schiefelsschiefels Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2009
    Most of the time the yellow tint in the blends happens when using grayscale content, or content that doesn't have nice, bright, vivid colors. As Marty mentioned before, there are two values on mod 3 of the collage generator that are meant to help out with this problem.

Value 144 is an alternate blend curve for color content. If you are working with color content and the blends aren't where you want them to be, try using this value and see if anything improves.

Value 145 is an alternate curve for gray scale content. This is most noteably where the yellow tint appears in the blends, and this value can greatly help with that. It also works well for content with lots of browns and earth tones.

Of course, it is also important to make sure the alignment of the fixtures with one another for the collage is pretty spot on, as any mis-alignment can cause blending problems if you are going for exact, seemless blending.