Merge Patching and Pallete Information

JDurnfordJDurnford Registered User
How do you merge all of the fixtures patching and Palletes from another show into a new show without Phisically repatching everything. Also about merging palletes. I went to Setup>Shows>Merge Show, but then when I press merge show it gives me a wierd error stating "You cannot merge show or libraries with different major revision numbers." I get this message for every show I tried to merge. How do I get past this? I know on Wholehog2 you can merge Patching, Effects, Lists, etc.

Thanks for all your help and I look forward to hearing back from everyone.

Justin Durnford
Lighting Technician
Royal Caribbean Intl.

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited November 2009
    Justin

As of now when merging shows we do not merge the patch, so you must re-patch.
    What are the library version numbers you are trying to merge?
    You cannt merge a show with created with version 3 library into a show created with version 4 library.
    If both shows were created with the same version library (4) then when you get the message, hit ok and try again. You should be able to merge on the 2nd try, this is a known bug and is logged.
  • JDurnfordJDurnford Registered User
    edited November 2009
    When you say Version Library, you mean the previous software before the upgrade. Right? I've tried that but I still get the same error message. Is this maybe because they were created with a different version. I came on to the ship and the previous guy apparantly updated to the current version so Im thinking this maybe be my problem...
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited November 2009
    You can start the new show using an older version of the library to see if that is the cause. When you launch a new show there will be a window asking you the library version you wish to use. Try it with version 3 and see if it will merge.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited November 2009
    Hi,
    I understand that you cannot merge patched fixtures but can someone explain why you cannot.
    Lighting systems are not getting any smaller and the time wasted on repatching large format events is time i would rather spend programming my show rather than doing something a Hog II could do at the beginning of the decade.

Frustrated.
    best C
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited November 2009
    Cormac

I understand your fustration.
    I do not write the code so I can not speak as to why we have some problems with merging shows.
    I can say that merging is moving up the list of things to be fixed.
  • lekengardlekengard Registered User
    edited November 2009
    I agree , Lighting systems are not getting any smaller and the time wasted on repatching large format events is time i would rather spend programming my show rather than doing something a Hog II could do at the beginning of the decade.:aargh4:
  • JDurnfordJDurnford Registered User
    edited December 2009
    I have found a loop whole to merge all patching. Its kind of a pain in the ass but what you do is create a backup of one of your shows. When you extract the zip file it will ask you to name the new show file and you can do whatever necessary to program your show such as deleting all palletes, cuelists, etc. It took some trial and error but I got it.