Effect Fade Time (v3.1.0)

schnerchischnerchi Registered User
Hi,

I am having some trouble with effect fade and effect delay times.

1. I am not able to change the fade and delay time for all functions at once (effect engine, column "ALL") or even for a subset (All Intensity, All Color, All Beam, All Position). Changing just on function (like PAN or Cyan) works like it should.

2. I am not able to use the command line for changing effect times. EFFECT TIME 5 gives a red command line an does not work.

System : HOG3PC V3.1.0

Any ideas?

Best,

Chris

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Not sure what you're seeing with problem #1.

But problem #2.....you can only edit Effect times directly in the effects engine window.....this is a very long-standing issue and not new to this software build.

Hope this helps. :)
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2009
    The issue with not being able to change the fade and delay time for all functions at once is currently logged as bug #7503 and is unfortunately a long outstanding defect. I have added your comments to the bug.

As Marty mentioned the ability to modify or add effect timing using the command line is not implemented. The debate over this functionality is logged as bug #4924.
  • schnerchischnerchi Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Hi Chris,

okay... if have never used the command line to change timings... I was browsing through the manual (3.0) and saw that this should be possible and gave it a shoot and it did not work.... so, maybe the next revision of the manual should be updated in that part....
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited November 2009
    Point taken. Let me see if we can take some big steps in the next few weeks to get this fixed so we don't have to take functionality out of the manual.
  • robbie_brucerobbie_bruce Registered User
    edited November 2009
    This has been resolved (well it has entered test) and hopefully will be out to BETA shortly. We treat EFFECT as a kind in the syntax rather than a kind modifier.

For example EFFECT TIME 5 will set the fade for all effects to 5s.. POSITION EFFECT TIME will set the position base fade and the position fx fade to 5s..

Should be coming out in the next patch..

-Robbie