Hog3 PC's Virtual DP8000 question.

Sometimes when I start up a show. (Server or client). I found out that the virtual DP8000 is on idle status. Why is that happening? Can someone please tell me how to get that DP8000 up and running? My show is patched but the super widget is not attached.
  • On 3.0.5 you must have the superwidget attached for the DP8000 to become in an active state. This includes to change settings. Not sure why this is, but I just ran into this yesterday as well.. But this won't affect anything, you just can't change the settings.. Not a big deal.
  • The show was patched. But Ryan I couldn't Go any cue if the DP8000 is idle.... So you mean once i have plug in the widget, the DP8000 will be running and i can run the cues? But that 'idle' status rarely shows.....wonder if this is a bug.
  • [quote=wongwayne;42183]The show was patched. But Ryan I couldn't Go any cue if the DP8000 is idle.... So you mean once i have plug in the widget, the DP8000 will be running and i can run the cues? But that 'idle' status rarely shows.....wonder if this is a bug.

This is not true. The internal DP8K's active state is not dependent on USB hardware. The DP8K simply has to be patched to go into a "running" state and to allow the user to make changes to it's node settings.

If you are loading a patched show and the DP8k is coming up idle then there is something wrong. Also remember that the virutal internal DP8K resides at net #1. Any patched DP8K at any other net number will not go active unless you have an external DP8000.
  • [quote=c_muenchow;42194]This is not true. The internal DP8K's active state is not dependent on USB hardware. The DP8K simply has to be patched to go into a "running" state and to allow the user to make changes to it's node settings.

If you are loading a patched show and the DP8k is coming up idle then there is something wrong. Also remember that the virutal internal DP8K resides at net #1. Any patched DP8K at any other net number will not go active unless you have an external DP8000.

Thanks chris, so if i have a patched show and the DP8k is idle, i should restart program/computer? Also please tell me what is the net number? Maybe i have accidentally assigned the DP8K into a different net number? How do i fix this? Thanks
  • If you have a patched to DP8k net num 1 and DP8P net num is idle then something is wrong and you should restart Hog3PC. The net number is the number that shows up next to the DP in the network window. You can simply double click on the net number in the network window, change the number, and hit enter to change the net number and the click apply. (apply step not neccesary in 3.1.0)
Related