Pause a ballyhoo

GizmotronGizmotron Registered User
I have a ballyhoo created in the effects engine. I wanted the ballyhoo to stop moving leaving everything else the same. I tried halting the cuelist wich worked with rgb chases but had no effect on the ballyhoo.

Comments

• barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2009
    The only way to Cheat this is to hold the Chooser down and ramp the the Cuelist Effect Rate down to 0%. This will basically pause any Effects you have running in the running cue.
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited October 2009
    You can record a cue right after the ballyhoo with the FX speed at 0 this will stop them from moving where they are and will allow you to go back and continue the bally
  • GizmotronGizmotron Registered User
    edited October 2009
    That worked! Thank you very much.
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2009
    leebot wrote: »
    You can record a cue right after the ballyhoo with the FX speed at 0 this will stop them from moving where they are and will allow you to go back and continue the bally

I'm just curious how this is possible. The minimum possible speed in FX engine is 0.0001. So, FX never stops...it crawls.

Quite a long time one of my requests have been a true halt of FX. Like when you stop it, it stops right there as fast the fixture can stop. Also, we are also missing an effect snapshot. There's no way to take a snapshot of the output of an effect...which would quite nice for creating random looks...
    What is the situation with bug #1105?

Old thread about the FX rate problem.
    http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=5005
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited November 2009
    >>What is the situation with bug #1105?

Sami,

I am not sure what bug you are referring to as #1105 is a very old v1.0 bug that was resolved long ago. However we are planning a rework of the effects engine in an upcoming cycle so hopefully we will resolve the problem you discus as part of that work.
  • jthatcherjthatcher Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2009
    That comment just gave me chills.
    edited November 2009
    Thanks to Sami, I have found that back in 2007 I had a typo in a message and the actual bug that was logged was bug #11055. :dunce:

I have added this thread to that bug log.
    edited November 2009
    Thanks Brad,

I really hope this gets fixed and we can have a real pause/snapshot of an effect.

Keep up the good work :hogsign:
  • jussikamunenjussikamunen Registered User
    edited December 2009
    Pause to effect would be great.
    Using choose + Cuelist Effect Rate is just too slow to operate live.
    Not a problem when running theater style shows but this feature would be really useful in on time events with previously unknown bands etc.

Maybe something like speed master...
  • WillieSk8WillieSk8 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2010
    Is there any recent development of that issue.

It would be really nice to freeze a current stagelook with just one button.
    edited May 2010
    Oliver,

We are planning an effects engine rework sometime next year. This should be part of that work.
  • JFurmanekJFurmanek Registered User
    edited August 2011
    This is a feature that I've been wondering about since I've started doing more live shows. An ability to "Freeze" the output; bally's, color scrolls, gobo spins, individual or global control, etc...hopefully with a resume option. Similar to *groan* Light Jockey's so named feature. Jumping to a stable cue can often result in a sweep to position instead of a nice stop.
    I found this thread and that seemed to be what was being discussed. The last post was in May of 2010 and it is August of 2011. A new release has just come out.

So, is this in there?
  • WillieSk8WillieSk8 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2011
    I haven't come across any changes since last year.

As Brad said in 2010 "sometime next year"...
    So let's talk about it next year or the year after;-)
    edited August 2011
    Well, the development seems to have a little timing bug. Planned release + one year.
    :)
  • snowmaniac153snowmaniac153 Registered User
    edited August 2011
    if we are all putting in a wish list, can we add a Fx reverse?? I know you can do it by offsetting the numbers but a simple button would be fast and great.
  • JFurmanekJFurmanek Registered User
    edited August 2011
    Pause/reverse if we're being picky,:) for effects and chases.
  • sanderdegraafsanderdegraaf Registered User
    edited October 2011
    For now, with macro's, it should be possible to instantly change effects rate to 0
  • mikeyraymikeyray Registered User
    edited October 2011
    be good if holding down the backspace key to undo all the effects parameters worked
    mikey
  • ElpistolaElpistola Registered User
    edited April 2012
    I'm new here and on hog, but couldn't you just turn the effect parameters to zero and record it in the next cue? Assuming that your tracking, then you could just step back?
    edited April 2012
    Unfortunately, the speed part of effects engine is still bit buggy and it's not possible to have 0bpm in FX engine.
    Also I'm still missing an ability take a "raw" snapshot of output.