MIDI with a Road Hog and Hog3PC networked?

LuxProDeoLuxProDeo Registered User
Hi all,

Any thoughts on the following situation would be appreciated:

Light cues running on a Road Hog, which obviously has no MIDI. Sound cues are running on a setup which would preferably be triggered by a MIDI command from the Road Hog. Would it be an option to have a WinXP PC, with a generic MIDI adaptor but without a DMX widget, network with the Road Hog, and run a cuelist, triggered from the Road Hog. The Road Hog would then of course output the DMX, and the Hog3PC the MIDI. Is this possible? I R'ed The F.Manual but could not easily find information on how networked shows behave...

Kind regards,
LuxProDeo

Comments

• erockerock Registered User
    edited October 2009
    The Road Hog doesn't have network capabilities, unless you're talking about a Road Hog Full Boar?

Eric
  • LuxProDeoLuxProDeo Registered User
    edited October 2009
    No, you are right, it is a Road Hog plain. My mistake, I was under the impression that all Hog3 OS systems had at least Hog Net capabilities. So the only possible way of doing this will be with an external DMX to MIDI convertor.

Thanks for your reply anyway,
    LuxProDeo
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited October 2009
    Starting today Roadhog officially supports Midi I/O with the use of MAUDIO's USB UNO device. This functionality requires Road Hog Image v1.4.0 or greater. See the release notes for details.
  • LuxProDeoLuxProDeo Registered User
    edited November 2009
    Native MIDI on the Roadhog, that's great news!

Thanks,

LuxProDeo