External Monitor on Road Hog

drathbundrathbun Registered User
I purchased a VGA to USB adapter to connect an external non-touch LCD screen to my Road Hog. I plugged the adapter into a powered USB hub and then into the Road Hog. I can't get it to recognize the screen.

Is the VGA to USB adapter proprietary to the Hog? My dealer told me I could buy any adapter and didn't have to purchase the one from High End.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Douglas,

What adapter did you purchase? We only support the IOGEAR model GUC2015V

You can find further details and a photo on our webpage at:
    http://www.highend.com/products/controllers/RoadHogUSBtoVGA.asp

If you purchased a different model, then it will not function. Please let us know what model you purchased.
  • drathbundrathbun Registered User
    edited October 2009
    It just has USB 2.0 VGA Adapter on the box. So it is not IOGEAR. I'll look for that one.

Thanks!
  • chrislislechrislisle Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Hey Brad - I purchased the above unit (GUC2015V) for my Road Hog, but am not getting the green light on the unit when plugging it in/setting it up (it does work when plugged into a laptop). I saw on the HES installation guide for the unit that this may happen in some configurations and that an external power supply may be needed. I just wanted to confirm that I should try this route, and if so can you recommend a site to get the 5V 400mA power supply? (seems to be a little hard to find). Thanks!
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Hi Chris,

It sounds like that a power supply might be required, however first you should contact our support department directly at 800-890-8989 as they can help you troubleshoot it.