Iogear USB to VGA adpater slows down Road Hog

AndrisAndris Registered User
I have noticed recently under 3.0.5 that my RH is running way slow when I am using the USB-VGA adapter. The console response is very sluggish on both the UI and the DMX output slows down as well. I can see the data LEDs on my opto really flicker when the adapter is plugged in, and looks normal when I disconnect it.
I'm experiencing things like slow screen redraw, values on screen showing up a full second or two after I change them, and very jerky movements on fixtures with FX running on them.

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited October 2009
    Which window(s) are you running on the external monitor? Is the Road Hog more responsive when you close those windows on the external monitors?
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Doesn't matter if there is a window displayed or blank screen on the ext.
    edited October 2009
    This is rather unusual. Do you have any other USB devices plugged into the console?
    edited October 2009
    Two playback wings and a keyboard. The slowness persists regardless of any other USB device present or not.
    edited October 2009
    Have you guys been able to test this on your end?
    This problem is not going away for me and I really do need the ext monitor to be working on our system.
    edited October 2009
    I've looked at this in several different scenarios here in our test lab and I am not experiencing the slow down that you are describing. Which USB hub are you using?
    edited October 2009
    I have it plugged directly into the rear ports on the console, same thing happens in either port.
    I'm wondering if it is the adapter itself. I'll check it on another computer and see if I can notice anything.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Andris,

Are you using the IOGEAR model number GUC2015V? Where did you purchase the adapter?
    edited October 2009
    Yes that is the model.
    I purchased it over a year ago I think at newegg.com
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited October 2011
    I have the same issue here. I just installed the NEWEST guc2015v, with the newest image, 1.8.2, running v3.2.2. As soon as I enable the external display, all the DMX output lags. ....