Basic show setup

Hi,

I'm a new Road Hog user, I bought one for a french university one month ago. We've already controlled lights with the hog a couple of times, for small concerts and nightclubs (6 Robe 250XT, 2 Wash 575XT, 4 Miniscans HPE and conventional lightings).
Everything went fine and all the problems I've had found a solution either in the manual or on this forum (thanks by the way :) ).

However, on Thursday I'm going to have a lot more stuff to control (the previous lights plus 12 Mac 250 Kryptons, 4 Mac 250 Wash, 4 Mac 700 Profile, and 36 Sunstrips). I post here because I'm lost on how to set the show up. I don't know if it's best to have one cuelist controling movements, another for colors etc... or if it's good to have every cuelist controling everything. Moreover, what use do you make of scenes ? do you use them a lot live ? Do you use virtual cuelist live ?

In short, is it possible to find somewhere a basic show, so that I can look at it on Hog3 PC and try to figure out a way to make a great show in two days ?

Thanks

Romain
  • Hey,

First, you have a great console, and as i see, the best one for your needs
    In the Wholehog line, peuple can do so much different things and a lot of different setups so there is not a "best ways" to setup your console, every one have hes own way, you should find your way.
    Move thru the forums and you will find so much trick and tips to start with.
    Don't worry with this console, its built for those things, we work every day with a lot of different fixtures and show type, and every time its a different setup.
    My prefer is to record all the conventional's (ie, Par-cans, Blinders, LED's, ETC's...) on faders and intensity channels (ie, Mac's intensity, fixtures int...)+ some Positions on the faders to (Int+pos) and the other parameters (Colour, Beam) on the screen.
    Effect's and chasers on screens to, Timing and cues also on screen so every thing will be under your hand and be able to call it every time you want, i attach a link to a thread where you can find a lot of tricks to do so and a lot of other tricks from uther great peuple, the software run a head since then so some of the tricks you can de more easy today but...well you know.

Good luck

forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=1892

Amir Cohen
    Danix Systems Ltd
    Israel
  • Hi,

Thanks Amir for your reply, the lights went very well. I used your tips for configuring the hog, and even thoe I had not enough time for setting up a lot of effects, the public seems to have enjoyed the few I've done.

I'll post pics if I've got the chance to.

See you

Romain
Related