Hog 3 Touchscreen

jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
Is a H3 touchscreen user changeable or should it be done at the Factory?

I have my right touchscreen starting to show issues with "static" occasionally. I want to get it replaced, but if I can do it myself, I'm fine with that.

Thanks....

Comments

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited September 2009
    Jon

The touchscreens are easy to replace. You should have no problem replacing it.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Michael!
  • Unknown Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    edited September 2009
    Jon, The HogIII doesn't have integrated touchscreens. There is an LCD Panel, with a touch-sensitive overlay. The two parts are separate, and one can be replaced without having the replace the other.

So, when you say "static", what do you mean? Are you seeing visual artifacts in the image displayed on the LCD, or are you having trouble with the touch sensing?

If you're seeing visual artifacts on the LCD's image, you might want to check the electrical connection to the panel. There is a small circuit board behind the LCD with a short cable to the panel that can sometimes come loose. It's worth checking and might save you the cost of a new panel.
    edited September 2009
    After all these years on it...nope didn't know that. In that case, it would be the LCD. I've already checked the connections and they seem to be fine.

What I'm seeing are horizontal and vertical lines that show up like the display is flickering white lines. It comes and goes...but over the last week has started getting pretty bad. I've checked the connections several times now and it seems to go away for a little bit, but now it's pretty constant.

Thanks for the heads up....
  • Unknown Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    edited September 2009
    You can also try swapping the left and right LCD panels. Does the problem follow the panel or the position? This will also help you work out if it's the panel or the cabling.

If you do end up replacing the panel, you may find that the new display is significantly brighter than the old one. LCD backlights get dimmer with age, and the color shifts towards the yellow end of the spectrum. You can turn down the brightness to compensate, but whether the color shift bugs you or not is a matter of personal taste. If it bothers you, you'll have to replace both panels.
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Eric...I'm going to replace both at the same time to be safe. The console is 7 years old and been through a lot.

J