Group Directory Problems

firsthattiesburgfirsthattiesburg Registered User
Here is the deal. I have group set in my group directory but they are not responding to anything. For example: I have a group for FOH Full. I select it, type in @ Full and nothing happens. I then deleted the group, added it again, and it still will not respond. It only happens with my conventional, not my intelligent lighting groups. Any suggestions?

Kyle

Comments

• Innovative IlluminationsInnovative Illuminations Registered User
    edited September 2009
    What key strokes are you using to record the conventional group?
  • firsthattiesburgfirsthattiesburg Registered User
    edited September 2009
    example: 1 thru 4, record, group 1.

The groups have been made for about around a week and have been working fine. It wasn't till today that they stopped working.
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited September 2009
    are they still patched, and are the dimmers receiving the dmx?
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited September 2009
    Have you added anything else to the
    system that could be fixture 1-4?
    Do the desk channels respond from the
    command line before you record the group?

Best C
    edited September 2009
    yes they are still patched and yes the dimmers are receiving dmx. I can put fixtures 1 thru 4 in a group. I can then tell that group to go @ full and nothing happens. However, i can individually control each desk channel fixture. Also, the groups that I have made for my intelligent lighting, led fixtures, etc are not messing up. Its only desk channel fixtures
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited September 2009
    Kyle

What version of software are you running.
    Can you create the group palette in a new location and see if that will work.
    edited September 2009
    Michael,
    Im not sure what version we are running. We just bought the console in July. Can you elaborate on creating the group palette in a new location? do you mean to put it in the position or color palette?
  • sonyboysonyboy Registered User
    edited September 2009
    try to repatch them
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    edited September 2009
    Kyle

Say your group palette is 'Group 1', call up your fixtures and record them to 'Group2'.
    Does this 'New' group palette work?
    Can you also check the software version?
    edited September 2009
    Micheal,
    I called them up and saved them as group 2 and they still will not work. When i go to my back up show that i saved a few weeks ago the groups work. Is there a way to view "group 1" in a window to see what signals it is receiving and not receiving?
  • Mike HansonMike Hanson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited September 2009
    To open it up to edit or view it the syntax would be ( Group 2 open) this will open it up into an editor to view and or edit it.
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited September 2009
    It sounds a little like there may be a Group Master recorded somewhere and the fader is down. You can look in the OUTPUT window and select the SOURCES button. This view will show where the fixtures are getting the command from. If they are staying at 0% Intensity, the Sources view of the Output window will show the list imposing the values.

You could also try moving all faders to full on all Pages and then try the Groups at Full etc.
  • SfeerPeerSfeerPeer Registered User
    edited October 2009
    make copy of your show, delete all pages and see what happens then