Road Hog USB external monitor position

AndrisAndris Registered User
I could swear I saw my external monitor as a screen extension to the RIGHT of the console a few weeks ago on a gig, but now all I can get is the external to work as a LEFT screen extension.
I thought it was always one side or the other, but now I've seen it work on both sides, how do I control that?

Im using a IOGEAR USB>VGA adapter into ELO 15" USB touchscreen.

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited September 2009
    Interesting...I've only seen it work on the LEFT side. Never on the right side....

Very interesting.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited September 2009
    I agree....very strange indeed.

If you were using a RHFB it would be possible b/c you have two monitor options.....one to the right of the desk and the other to the left.

Did you do your last gig with a RHFB or was it the same desk?
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited September 2009
    Nope, same desk. One day I came in and the monitor was on the right instead of the usual left and I really didn't pay much mind to it at the time because it just worked.
  • lukasjohnlukasjohn Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Is there a way to get the external monitor on a standard Road Hog to switch from the left to the right side?

My workstation has the monitor on the right side, but I have to move my mouse to the left window to get over there. It's extremely goofy.

Thanks,
    -Lukas
  • wizardwizard Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Silly question perhaps, as I have neither researched or tested this, but does it have something to do with which USB port you use?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited October 2009
    lukasjohn wrote: »
    Is there a way to get the external monitor on a standard Road Hog to switch from the left to the right side?

There is currently no way to "map" the screens on any of the consoles. The video card(s) only maps them one way by default.

Hope this helps. :)
  • lukasjohnlukasjohn Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Interesting. I have heard many stories of people having their Road Hog's external monitors map to the right at first, but then move to the left.

Glitch? Humans being crazy?

At any rate, thanks for the help. If anyone knows of a way around this please let me know :]
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited October 2009
    Sometimes the external USB monitor will come up on the right hand side until your reboot the desk.
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Ha! I knew I wasn't crazy!