Flickering Display and more

I have a flickering display on a DL.2. Also the display on the side of the fixture is not working. Looking through the posts someone suggested that on of the cables to the displays came loose and needs to be reconnected.

I do not have a service manual. Any ideas on the steps required. And can I do it while the fixture is in the air?

Another weird thing: One of my fixtures (I Have 3) will not change the frame rate. Any suggestions?

Lastly, I was watching the collage video, and I am still confused. On a H3 what steps should I take, I cannot find the settings I need in the console. Know they are there but any suggestions.
  • What XPe and software version are you running?
    The lastest is XPe v 2.2.0 and SW 1.5.2 b2031

I highly recommend you update your fixtures if they are not running these versions as it may well solve your issues.

[quote=stagelites;40973]I have a flickering display on a DL.2. Also the display on the side of the fixture is not working. Looking through the posts someone suggested that on of the cables to the displays came loose and needs to be reconnected.

If your main projection output is flickering try these:
    1 - Make sure that the side display is set to either ON or OFF (Preview causes issues in certain older software builds)
    2 - Look at the 5 BNC connections at the rear of the projector and make sure they are all tight.
    3 - Check the DVI connection at the computer and make sure it is snug, as well as in the proper port for your video card.....if it is in the worng one it can cause issues.

For the display in the Top Box, check the VIVO connector at the video card as well as the yellow RCA connector to the display.

[quote=stagelites;40973]I do not have a service manual. Any ideas on the steps required. And can I do it while the fixture is in the air?

If you have no experience working on these fixtures I would not recommend working on them in the air for the first time.

Check the support site for more specific info:
    www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/dl2.asp

[quote=stagelites;40973]Another weird thing: One of my fixtures (I Have 3) will not change the frame rate. Any suggestions?

Which frame rate are you reffering to?

[quote=stagelites;40973]Lastly, I was watching the collage video, and I am still confused. On a H3 what steps should I take, I cannot find the settings I need in the console. Know they are there but any suggestions.

It's mostly in the Global fixture....select collage FX and work the modifiers from there. Full expalaintion is in the DL manual.

Not sure what videos you watched by try:

www.highend.com/support/training/dl2trainingvideos.asp

And review:

www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/dl2supportguide/dl2-collage.asp

Hope this helps. :)