IPC effects glitch

Steve KSteve K Registered User
I am running an iPC with a rock wing controlling 17 mac 2K profiles and a few dimmers. Software is the latest version.

I am seeing a momentary pause in various effect moves or colour chases during playback. They seem to occur randomly. I can have a whole show without a problem or multiple pauses during one show. The pause is very short but very annoying. The effect appears catches up to where it should be after the pause causing lights to jump position.

I have seen various posts that maybe about this issue but no solution. Anyone know hos to fix this?

Comments

• jhillenkotterjhillenkotter Registered User
    edited September 2009
    Steve, does this happen since you updated your software? If so, what was your previous software version?

Jens
  • Steve KSteve K Registered User
    edited September 2009
    I haven't used the iPC for a while. It's a console belonging to Neg Earth so they keep the software updated. However I used an iPC (don't know if it's the same one) for the V Festival with around 50 movers a couple of weeks ago and had similar problems. Thought it was just one of those rare occurances at the time but now it is doing the same thing on a different show I suspect something deeper is causing it.
    edited September 2009
    Goldie indeed keeps his desks updated :) Mail me directly at [email]Jens.Hillenkotter@barco.com[/email] and we'll get this sorted.

Rgds,
    Jens
  • MisebeamMisebeam Registered User
    edited September 2009
    I too have seen this action on my iPC during my show creation /programming / play back. I see it in all of my LED fixtures, and moving yokes. The effect will be running, and the out of the blue pause for about 1 second. Then it will continue with the effect. It's really noticeable on the LED fixtures if they are doing a color chase. I am on the latest XPE, and build.
    edited September 2009
    Misebeam, please email me directly at [email]Jens.Hillenkotter@barco.com[/email].

Thanks,
    Jens