1:1 Linking of Cue Lists

z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
It would be nice to have the option of linking two (or more) cue lists to each other a la a virtual MIDI show control link.

In shows with multiple types of fixtures (conventionals, movers, media servers) it's common practice to have multiple operators (or even the same operator) program these elements separately in unique cue lists with common cue numbering.

There are also scenarios where I would find it handy to program one type of element (movers) with different cue list defaults than another element (media servers).

This is certainly doable in at least a couple of ways (links and comment macros come to mind), but it would be nice to have something that takes a bit less maintenance.

Anyone else think that this might make sense?

PG

Comments

• jthatcherjthatcher Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2009
    I agree that would be a great ability. I have seen it on other systems where you have a master and then slave multiple cuelists to the go action odf that one.
  • ryanwilkinsonryanwilkinson Registered User
    edited September 2009
    If I am mistaken, isn't MSC already enabled where you can do this? I mean, its really meant if you have the same show file.. But I bet if you created the same cues on the same faders and lists it would work. If you go to setup>network>click the server> settings there is msc in enable and out enable plus the formatting..

Ryan
    edited September 2009
    My understanding from Phil's post was the ability to do it from within the console like you can do with MSC. Simply by going into the cuelist options of different cuelist and telling them to follow another cuelists action.
    edited September 2009
    Ahhh.. Ok I see what your talking about.. So essentially linking the faders with another set kind of a thing?
    edited September 2009
    Seems link a function like that would cease a bunch of comment macro making at times.
    edited September 2009
    yes...........
    edited September 2009
    Yea, I would think so too.

I also wouldn't mind a way of touching something and having that data be entered. Like If I wanted a scene to release a bunch of other scenes or something, I can just select RS and click all those and whatever else I wanted.
    edited September 2009
    :cool:
  • z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited September 2009
    Like...macros?

Different feature request.

;-)
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited September 2009
    I think Ross requested a similar thing...

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=1817

Take a look to see if it is what you want - I think the # is there too.

Best!
    edited September 2009
    That's it exactly

PG
  • Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited September 2009
    Case closed then!

:)
    edited September 2009
    Case already open, to be more precise.