Xspot n1/n2/n3 problem??

Hey guys,
Im not quite sure what has happened to 2 of my 9 xspots in my rig, but they are now displaying 'N1/N2/N3' instead of 'STANDARD' like the rest of them, and i cant seem to figure out what has happened. I can control the fixtures and strike the lamps, but just no output on stage. I checked the other 7 and noticed they all flash the word 'standard' and these 2 that are the issue aren't displaying that.
Any thoughts??

THanks in advance!!

Mikey
  • [quote=Novacane;40703]Hey guys,
    Im not quite sure what has happened to 2 of my 9 xspots in my rig, but they are now displaying 'N1/N2/N3' instead of 'STANDARD' like the rest of them, and i cant seem to figure out what has happened. I can control the fixtures and strike the lamps, but just no output on stage. I checked the other 7 and noticed they all flash the word 'standard' and these 2 that are the issue aren't displaying that.
    Any thoughts??

THanks in advance!!

Mikey

The processor recognized the modules loaded in the fixture through the four wire bus that runs between modules, and decided what the fixture type is based on what it sees. IE, if you have color/dual gobo/iris gobo, it comes back as "Standard", if it sees color/dual gobo/shutter, it comes back as "Framing", same for lithomotion. If it can't recognize one of these combinations, you will see what you got.

So, either you have a module that is bad in every fixture, or perhaps the screws holding the two phase cards onto the modules are loose or misplaced, which will cause the module to report the wrong id . . . .

So, first thing to try would be swapping modules between good and bad, and see which ones are causing the issue. I suppose it could also be the main PCB, if it can't query the bus correctly, but I would suspect more errors if that was the case . . .

- Tim
  • I would check the fuses in the base,
    1 of them powers all the 2 phase cards.
    perhaps it has blown. in which case it might throw that error.
    Make sure you remove the fuses to meter them, as they will still ring out if they are in place, even if they are bad.
    Good Luck,
    Joshua Wood
  • Good point. Probably easier to meter the voltage on the 4 bit buss cable to see if it is there/correct before breaking into the base unit . . . .

- Tim
Related