SMPTE problem in Hog iPC

jksorgjksorg Registered User, Hog Beta
I'm running into a problem where the SMPTE time is not reading correctly on a Hog iPC. It's a steady time code stream from the source, but when it reaches the iPC, the console is "jumbling" the timecode. It's not steady and is making timing sometimes late.

I've checked the cables and SMPTE source all the way to the console and that is good. I've also traded console and am having the same problem.

Is there anyone experienceing this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited August 2009
    You might need to adjust the "gain" on the SMPTE signal....it might be either too strong or too weak.

    Do you have a long cable run?

    Usually just a simple in-line amplifier is enough to correct for this.

    Hope this helps. :)
  • edited August 2009
    Can you please describe more closely what's happening? Are you sometimes getting timecode, and sometimes not? Or is the timecode jumping around your cuelists?

    If you look at the timecode toolbar while you're having the problem, what do you see? Is the format correct? Are the values under Input and Current correct?

    Make sure your audio signal levels are correct. If you signal is to high, or too low, the timecode input will have a hard time reading it. The Hog's timecode input is relatively forgiving, but there are limits.
  • jksorgjksorg Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2009
    Thanks to Marty's suggestion, I went back to the audio engineer that was supplying the time code. His reshaper signal was up to high. We reduced the signal and all seems to working just fine now. Thanks Marty for the suggestion to re-check.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited August 2009
    Silly noise boys! It always has to be louder to them!
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited August 2009
    jksorg wrote: »
    Thanks to Marty's suggestion, I went back to the audio engineer that was supplying the time code. His reshaper signal was up to high. We reduced the signal and all seems to working just fine now. Thanks Marty for the suggestion to re-check.

    Always happy to help....glad you're up and running. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.