Hog 2 Loading Issues, from Floppy...

neil-NSLXneil-NSLX Registered User
Hi Guys,

I am having an issue with loading a show of a Disk.

The desk has been known to have some issues, so I wanted to test the save/bootup...

So, I saved a show called 'test' to the Disk, which it did fine.

Then, I loaded a new show, then from there tried to load my old show again. And, it says there is a problem with loading the disk, which is odd, as I saved to it earlier...

Change of disk, and it does the same thing. Saves to the disk successfully, but won't load up from it.. The message I am getting is that the function.txt has been modified, the show won't load properly. When I say load the show anyway, it then tells me that it can't because of the version of software isn't compatible...

I am totally confuzzled, as this is the exact same show I programmed on the desk, which it will now not load...

Any ideas/advice? If Dave Lewing is on this forum, its the you fixed the other day - number 847.

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2009
    Neil,

This sounds like some of the others that have posted recently on the forum and is likely a failing floppy drive. I suggest you install a new floppy and see if the problems continue.
  • neil-NSLXneil-NSLX Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Hi Brad,

Sadly, this isn't my desk, it belongs to a rental company..

I have tried another make of Disk, which hasn't worked, so it has to be the floppy drive.

I have kept the desk powered up 24/7, but on Friday, I do need to put the desk away to go to the festival we are going to.... Is there any way I can save it to an internal part of the desk, that can be loaded on the Startup Screen? Or another way I can archive it seperatly somehow?

Obviously, if you press the Close Window button on the Startup Screen it takes you to the old show - but I am worried I may not be there, and we could loose Power, and someone could press new show, I would loose everything... If this should happen, is there a desk archive I could get this back from?

Cheers
    N
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2009
    Neil,

There is no other way to store the show other than to a floppy. Your only hope is that the internal battery is in good shape and will retain the memory during your power down time. Otherwise you are living on the edge...

It is a bit late now, but I was reminded of an LD that taught me to always test rental consoles (especially the backup) to ensure they write and read external media BEFORE programming the show... it has saved me a few times.
  • neil-NSLXneil-NSLX Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Hi Brad, let keep our fingers crosses for the internal battery!!

Yeh, its a pain in the arse, but what can you do.. fingers crossed.

Cheers
    N
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Wost case......you could leave it hooked up to a UPS or other battery/power source while you transport the console.