Technobeam Questions

I've got a Technobeam that fires it's lamp as soon as power is applied even without a DMX cable attached. I tried cross loading the firmware from another TB that is not having the problem. Same result. I also set it to Factory defaults. Same result. It seems to be working just fine otherwise but it's a bit of a pain as it sometimes goes through a complete reset when I boot my iPC (hog 3.0.4) and it takes a few minutes for it's lamp to refire.

Also I've found that with all of my TBs the index function on my iPC (hog 3.0.4) on gobo 2 (FX Wheel) doesn't index, it rotates even though the display is in Degrees not RPM. The rotate function works as expected. Is this a known problem?

Thanks!
Joe
  • Failed (shorted) SCRs in the lamp switching circuit will do exactly that - fire the lamp whenever power is applied. That would be the first thing I would look at . . . .

- Tim

[quote=joeshepard;40499]I've got a Technobeam that fires it's lamp as soon as power is applied even without a DMX cable attached. I tried cross loading the firmware from another TB that is not having the problem. Same result. I also set it to Factory defaults. Same result. It seems to be working just fine otherwise but it's a bit of a pain as it sometimes goes through a complete reset when I boot my iPC (hog 3.0.4) and it takes a few minutes for it's lamp to refire.

Also I've found that with all of my TBs the index function on my iPC (hog 3.0.4) on gobo 2 (FX Wheel) doesn't index, it rotates even though the display is in Degrees not RPM. The rotate function works as expected. Is this a known problem?

Thanks!
    Joe
  • How do I set up the Technobeam to not strike lamp when it is powered up and lamp on when control tells it to lamp?
Related