Easy way to state time for a fixture parms

MisebeamMisebeam Registered User
Still a noobie,

Is there an easy way to state time for a fixture for color, beam, and position in one command?

I tried:
Postion+colour+beam time 0s for a 0 second fade to make my Mark cues run faster.

But up until I get to the “time” in seconds, the command turns Red.

Thanks

Comments

• Joe BleasdaleJoe Bleasdale Registered User
    edited August 2009
    You cannot do multiple parameters in the same keystroke... you have to seperate them. (You only need to seperate them if you want to do seperate timings)

[Fixture] [X] [Position] [time] [X] [Enter]
    [Fixture] [X] [Colour] [time] [X] [Enter]
    [Fixture] [X] [Beam] [time] [X] [Enter]

Hope this helps :)
    edited August 2009
    Ohh.. furthermore... If certain parameters are going to have the same timing, you could use this syntax too...

[Fixture] [1] [intensity] [position] [time] [4] [enter]. That will apply a fade time of 4 seconds to the intensity and position of fixture 1.

But like I say, that only works if the parameters have the same time value, you still cannot have different time values in the same command.

Best,
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited August 2009
    You don't have to separate them...

I regularly use "Group POS COL BEAM Time 0 ENTER" Immediately followed by POS COL BEAM Time Time 3.5 ENTER to delay the same group.
    edited August 2009
    I was just going off this thread..

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=8236

I could also swear that Tom said something similar... but I cannot find his post. And your example is correct... but Misebeam wants to do different times for different parameter groups... which I am sure is not possible in the same keystroke...

Best :)
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited August 2009
    Correct...if doing DIFFERENT times, it must be separated. Only if they are all the same time does my way work.
    edited August 2009
    jxgriffi wrote: »
    Correct...if doing DIFFERENT times, it must be separated. Only if they are all the same time does my way work.

Thats what I said... :Eyecrazy:
    Ohh.. furthermore... If certain parameters are going to have the same timing, you could use this syntax too...

But like I say, that only works if the parameters have the same time value, you still cannot have different time values in the same command.
    edited August 2009
    Whoops, just realised. Misebeam wants them all at 0 seconds. My bad... getting confused thinking he wanted different timings for different parameters!

Best,
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2009
    If taking all parameters to the same fade time, press TIME X ENTER then record your cue as normal.
  • MisebeamMisebeam Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Hi Mitch,
    I was doing "time x" but I want my intensity times different than beam, pos, or color time. This way when I mark a cue those time are at 0.

But I have to keep typing in "pos time 0, beam time 0, colour time 0"

Can I make a group to have those parms (beam,colour,pos), and then use the group to assign the time to?
    edited August 2009
    You can do..

[Cue/Fixture] [X] [Position] [Colour] [Beam] [Time] [0] [Enter]

Then you can do the intensity one...

[Cue/Fixture] [X] [Intensity] [Time] [X] [Enter]

Hope this helps,
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2009
    After using TIME X ENTER you can then do INTENSITY TIME X ENTER then record the cue.