Hog 2PC incompatible with Wholehog 2 transfers.

I have an issue copying shows from my Hog 2PC (Version 3.4.3) to my Wholehog 2 (Version 3.3 Built 177).

The disk reads Can't find Catalogue. And when I try to transfer a show from the Wholehog 2 to my PC... It automatically requests a Disk Format.

As well, How do I add a couple of Elation Fixtures to the already existing library.

If any of these questions can be answered, please hit me up ASAP.

Thanks guys.
  • Denis,

I suspect that you might have a faulty floppy drive on your console. You might want to swap it and see if that corrects your problem.

You can not add fixtures to the existing ROM library, but you can merge fixtures into a show file. See here for directions: www.flyingpig.com/support/hog2/kb/pdfs/AddingLibFiles.pdf
  • Brad-

I've got a similar issue, in that when I try to create a showfile on the Flying Pig website to include the VL2500 Spot fixture, it won't load on the Hog II.

The Hog II is running v3.3 b177, and says the show files are not compatible. I don't have this issue with one of my Hog 1000's running the same version of software, and the Hog II has no problem reading/writing it's own show files. I have yet to try porting a show file over from the Hog 1k to the Hog 2, but I will try that soon. [EDIT] Just saved the show on the Hog1k and tried loading it into the HOGII, and it says that it is unable to read the functions resource file. It then asks if I wish to continue the load, and when I confirm, it then says show file format incompatible. [END EDIT]

I did try reloading the HOG OS on the Hog II, and that didn't cure anything, but I do believe it suggests the disk drive is okay.

Any ideas?

Dennis Witte
    Holzmueller Productions
  • Hi Dennis,

>>I did try reloading the HOG OS on the Hog II, and that didn't cure anything, but I do believe it suggests the disk drive is okay.

Actually your results point further to a faulty drive on your Wholehog 2. Usually when they fail, they are no longer able to read/write certain sectors. This explains why it can read from disks written to on that drive, but not read from disks written to on other drives (that are writing to the "bad" sectors).

I suggest replacing the drive in the Wholehog 2 as this is probably where the problem lies.
  • [quote=bradpepe;40445]
    I suggest replacing the drive in the Wholehog 2 as this is probably where the problem lies.

I'll give that a try then when I get a chance. I assume there is nothing special about the floppy drives in the HOG II? I keep some spares around for other manufacturers consoles (Expression2x/3, Express, and others,) and haven't found a drive yet that is incompatible. Just want to confirm there is nothing particular about the Whole Hog II floppy drives.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis.
Related